Skills: Petroleum Engineering, Production Operator, Production Technologist
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Doha, Qatar
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
This position reports directly to the OME Team Lead.
Accountable for leading the Production Technology aspects in the maturation of new wells, work-overs and re-drill interventions using the Well Delivery Factory processes to ensure optimum designs and full alignment with all stakeholders. Also accountable for the follow-up during execution and close-out of the relevant well activities.
- Ensure HSE policy (Safety as priority number 1 and a core value) is understood and adhered to on every activity / operation required by the Asset.
- Lead, define, mature and optimize Plug & Abandonment requirements, well design / completions for work-over and re-drill interventions to remediate pattern non-conformance / short circuit issues, debris / sand production and tubing / well integrity issues following the Well Delivery Factory (WDF) process.
- Close follow-up and providing technical support to relevant stack holders during the execution of the related well activities.
- Conceptualize and mature new wells for upcoming development projects following the WDF process.
- Provide flow assurance analysis and input to stimulation design as required.
- Champion initiatives that enable maximum well and pattern production and recovery.
- Drive innovation within horizontal well completion technology for improved oil recovery and safe operations.
- Assist in job planning on all non-routine operations (slickline, eline and coiled tubing).
- Drive the definition and implementation of new technology trials in the Al Shaheen field.
- Assist in Well Integrity Risk Assessments where applicable.
- Have a transversal role between Assets / Disciplines / Operations / Process / Drilling teams.
- Provide guidance and support to junior staff and help to create a learning environment.
- A degree in BSc or preferably MSc level in Petroleum Engineering or science discipline.
- At least 8-10 years of upstream oil and gas experience with 1-2 years of well operational background.
- Experience in the completion of ultra-long horizontal wells is highly valuable.
- Experience in nodal and slugging analysis required.
- Experience in sand control design and implementation is highly valuable.
- Experience in OFM, WellCat, Netool or similar is preferable.
- Team player in multi-disciplinary subsurface team showing individual initiative, responsibility and integrity.
- International experience in a multi-nationality team is recommended.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.