As the Production Enhancement CoE Designer you are responsible for generating all of the relevant Systems detail drawings, general arrangements, schematics, layouts, running sequences and Interface details for the CoE assets, which including RLWI systems, Riser based intervention systems as well as fluid intervention systems. You will be responsible for System designs from early engagement through the full project life cycle to customer delivery interpreting the engineering requirements, assessing the factors that will affect the outcome of the designs and finally defining the dimensions and tolerances required to meet fit, form and function.Essential Responsibilities:
- Generating 3D and 2D designs from the interpretation of internal design and customer specifications and verifying against current manufacturing and assembly practices.
- Produce detail, machining, fabrication and assembly drawings/models using Creo to ASME Y14.5 standards and format with attention to tolerance studies and verifying fit, form and function at max, nom and min conditions.
- Owner for CoE as expert/super user status to lead CoE in Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and Teamcenter process clarifications, workflows system updates and improvements
- Designer will be responsible for creating the layout, detail and assembly of designs to highlight safety/environmental and or structural issues to satisfy the HSE requirements for offshore developments.
- To take action to mitigate those risks to people, plant and the environment as a consequence of the design activities.
- In undertaking these assessments, it is important to ensure lessons learned are well communicated and reflected in the design activities.
- The Designer will establish an overall task list for the Project activities to ensure all necessary design deliverables are identified to satisfy the contractual and third party requirements for the work.
- Establishing a robust planning and organization process with clear understanding of the schedule and prioritization for the assigned design duties and activities.
- Where appropriate he/she will establish remedial action procedures/ plans when priorities change to support offshore operations
- Ensure that wherever possible lessons learnt from prior experience are continually assessed and implemented into the works through the improvement loop and project lessons learned meetings.
- Where opportunities exist for improving the outcome either through, risk reduction, cost reduction and or performance improvement the lessons learned should be assessed and if appropriate implemented into the works or future specifications for the work.
- Design conceptual design requirements and layouts for review following company design process management to support FEED and bid work
- As required support Engineers in creation of Bills of Materials
- Retrieve and submit data in Teamcenter following company protocols
- Identify and ensure equipment is designed in accordance with the current Health, safety and environmental legislation and safe operation.
- Identify improvements in existing products, procedures, processes and develop cost effective solutions to satisfy specifications.
- Understand and apply design for manufacture principles for turning, machining, drilling, milling and welding processes to ensure designs are suitable and allow for efficient manufacture and assembly.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or High School Diploma/GED with 4 years of working experience.
- Minimum 4 years experience of engineering design experience (8 years for non degreed)
- Working knowledge of Creo or Pro Engineer 3D CAD software
- Has established experience in drafting standards
- Working product knowledge, operational and/or service support of Subsea Intervention equipment including subsea Riserless Lightwell Intervention systems, Riser Based intervention systems as well as Fluid Stimulation systems.
- Experience of Product Lifecycle Management systems
- Familiarity with Health, safety and environmental regulatory requirements for subsea industry.
- Familiar with relevant industry standards and codes for Lightwell Intervention.
- Good understanding of fabrication and machining processes.
- Familiar with design process methodologies.
- Self-driven with a positive attitude to new challenges.
- Ability to use AutoCad for 2D schematic drawings
- Good understanding of Model Based Design
- Experience in SolidWorks 3D CAD software
- Able to work on own initiative and within teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in the design of Subsea Oil and Gas equipment
- Working knowledge of ASME Y14.5
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more