Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Project Management, Directional Driller, MWD / LWD
Other Skills: 5 years of Directional Drilling, Drilling Operations, and Management experience.
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
The Remote Operations Lead is responsible for managing the design, improvement, deployment, training, troubleshooting, and commissioning of remote MWD and Directional Drilling systems and equipment utilized by MS Directional for Remote Operations; working with OEMs, remote operations (GOTEC), and multiple departments within MS Directional and Patterson-UTI to develop remote drilling systems and associated products; helping to set standards and requirements for the remote operations platform, ensuring the client's requirements are met or exceeded; supporting and enforcing all maintenance standards; supporting and enforcing service uniformity across any and all product lines/service areas.
This position will work under the direction of the GOTEC Manager.
- Prioritize, schedule, and complete work requests while providing a safe work environment and a high level of internal and external customer satisfaction
- Work with OEM and suppliers to ensure the specifications for the equipment meets the needs of MS Directional, and complies with safety and environmental specifications.
- Assist in developing operational standards for surface and downhole directional equipment
- Provide technical training for all maintenance managers, technicians, engineers, and field personnel for remote operation's systems and procedures
- Test equipment at OEM facilities and job sites, ensuring all equipment meets OEM's requirement/specification, to ensure new equipment is operation ready
- Document all testing of equipment following design / design modifications
- Work closely with operations and support groups to develop equipment test criteria, by equipment function, as well as document and archive the test criteria and results
- Develop and implement appropriate methods for storing, monitoring, analyzing, and preparing data for reports and statistics.
- Travel to rigs, customer, and OEM locations as required/directed
- Ensure all industry, safety and environmental standards are adhered to in equipment design and fabrication
- May be required to track AFE costs, as equipment is deployed to the field, and provide records of same to management
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Advanced knowledge of MWD and Directional Drilling equipment workflow function, including design, operation, control systems, troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance of same.
- Demonstrate clear communication skills including ability to read, write and speak English, and to promptly follow verbal and written directions in English along with the ability to establish and maintain effective rapport with all employees at different levels both in the office and in the field
- Ability to effectively manage time and prioritize projects in order to meet established deadlines.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels of co-workers, clients, and all internal/external contacts.
- Proficient computer skills to include MS Office suite and other business systems including Directional and MWD field software.
- Must be open to proactively embrace change within the organization.
- Must be self-motivated and perform tasks with little or no daily supervision.
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering, Geosciences or related field.
- This position requires at least 5 years oil & gas / drilling industry experience with a combination of Directional Drilling, Drilling Operations, and Management.
- Project leadership experience - Strategy and execution
- Eligible to drive Company vehicle including ability to meet requirements of Company's Vehicle Use Agreement and Driving Policy.
- Two (2) + Years Remote Operations Experience
- Project Management Certification such as PMP
This position requires work both indoors and outdoors in all kinds of weather conditions, including precipitation, cold/heat, high wind, and turbulent conditions. Ability to safely navigate work sites with occasional walking, climbing, standing, stepping, etc., during normal operating conditions (day/night, outdoor hot/cold weather) and while utilizing designated personal protective equipment (PPE). The candidate must work with an emphasis on safety for themselves and others including coworkers and third parties. They must be able to work closely with others and under time-sensitive deadlines including potential emergency response situations. They must be willing to work extended schedules that will include working days; and occasionally nights, weekends and holidays.
To be considered as an applicant, please register and apply at www.patenergy.com/careers