Skills: Operations Management, Workshop
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
To position Oceaneering for future success we are building a new purpose built operational campus that will encompass both operations and supply chain. The 90,000ft facility will be located in Dyce and will accommodate our range of oilfield and offshore wind services. We are looking for a dynamic leader that can drive Safety, Quality, Planning and operational excellence to highest standards within a dynamic workshop environment.
Lead Workshop Operations Group that supports multiple Business Units in the assembly, repair, maintenance and refurbish of oilfield service equipment. As this is a senior position the Operations Manager will be expected to be able to perform with minimal supervision at a high level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensure workshop practices meet all HSE standards.
- Champion the implementation of workshop best practice improvement including 5S, lean manufacturing and other advanced manufacturing practices/ concepts.
- Lead a team of multi-functional individuals and have the influence to effect change.
- Ability to communicate at all levels from shop floor to higher management. Using multiple methods including team meetings to effective presentations.
- Develop and execute Workshop Schedule Plans which ensures on-time delivery and quality standards.
- Develop and implement manpower staffing plan to support Capacity Plan forecast.
- Proactively identify, communicate and mitigate schedule execution issues. Develop and implement visual schedule indicators improving awareness at the shop floor level.
- Optimize utilization of shop personnel to meet budgeted shop labor rates. Develop and manage department budget.
- Manage shop actual hours in line with planned hours. Improve actual hour accuracy as it relates to planned hours.
- Understand and report labor variances as it relates to budgeted or target cost.
- Manage capital requirements for shop.
- Develop and implement equipment maintenance program as appropriate.
- Support NCR/ CAR process and implement corrective actions as appropriate.
Education and/or Experience
- BS Degree in Engineering preferred.
- Significant years workshop experience in Assembly/ Test, Repair and Maintenance operations.
- Experience in managing a workshop that supports both service and production of equipment. Several years management experience essential with ideally experience of change management using LEAN principals combined with a high level of Quality Management exposure.
This job is responsible for leading the Workshop personnel in the performance of their essential duties and responsibilities. Typical responsibilities may include counseling of technical personnel, input to performance evaluations and promotions, and participation in applicant interviewing and selection process.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.