Skills: Commissioning Engineer / HUC
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Sunbury-On-Thames, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
BP has signed agreements with Kosmos Energy to develop very significant gas resources in West Africa. The agreements involve BP assuming operatorship of a very large licence position (33,000 km2) in the countries of Mauritania (62% working interest) and Senegal (32.5% effective working interest). Under the terms of the agreements BP will operate all appraisal and development activities and Kosmos will continue to operate Exploration activities in the licences, which hold world-class deepwater gas discoveries and exploration prospectively.
The licences include the Tortue field estimated to contain up to 15 Tcf of discovered gas resource, and the total licence position could contain as much as 50 Tcf of gas resource potential. The agreements also include BP's cooperation with Kosmos in an Area of Mutual Interest offshore Mauritania, Senegal, and The Gambia. The multi-year exploration activities and development project at Tortue represent an exciting and strategically significant investment opportunity for BP in an emerging world-class hydrocarbon basin.
The proposed development concept for Phase 1A includes Subsea Production System (SPS) at the field location with initially 4 subsea wells tied back to a pre-treatment FPSO on the continental shelf (120m water depth) via a 80km pipeline. Topsides weight is estimated around 16k tonnes. The FPSO will serve as a condensate storage hub and consist of 3 phase separation, gas conditioning design process capacity of 495mmscfd average for export via a 30km pipeline to a nearshore Floating LNG moored at a breakwater hub. The Hub also has a Quarters and Utilities facility which will have an operating PoB of 216 and will supply the utilities required to support the jetty systems in support of loading operations LNG.
The Piping and Mechanical Integration Commissioning Superintendent will initially focus on discipline excellence and focused on ensuring the integration of all interfaces across Tortue Phase 1 projects (Subsea, FPSO, Facilities, QU and FLNG interfaces) to ensure the Piping and Mechanical scopes of work are identified and captured in each of the contractors Completions Management System databases, the testing requirements are clearly defined and the execution scope is in a plan, highlighting any gaps and intervention plans required to close out gaps. As a discipline expert, work with each of the delivery teams to ensure a consistent approach is being adopted within each of the delivery contractor / BP teams e.g. Pipework cleanliness, Leak Testing Limits and Joint Integrity Management. The role will report to the CSU Director initially based in Sunbury focusing across all delivery lines which will require business travel to each of the delivery line locations to allow the true integration of scopes. The position will then transition to report to the FPSO Project General Manager and will transfer to a rotational position to the EPCI contractor's construction yard in China. The FPSO Piping and Mechanical Superintendent role will transition into the CSU Manager Role and will provide leadership of the site commissioning and start-up (CSU) team overseeing the contractor completions and commissioning activities leading to acceptance of system handovers. This role will be responsible for providing assurance and self-verification of the Facilities and QU scopes for the Tortue project. The role will transition to offshore M&S on a rotation to support and lead the hook-up and commissioning (HUC) scopes of work between the FPSO ad Subsea followed by the associated start-up activities supporting the Global Operations Team.
- Leadership of a multi discipline team Assurance and oversight of EPCI contractor completions and commissioning strategy to ensure a Flawless Completion delivery and strategy which includes Facilities and QU. This should be done by engaging all parties and functions to achieve this lead by H&T Commissioning Superintendent/CSU Manager
- Validate EPCI commissioning plans and processes to ensure they are in line with the project standards and that the Commissioning scope is clear and well defined
- Lead the development of system definitions and handover limits in conjunction with operations and EPCI contractor
- Lead a multi-disciplinary BP Commissioning team to manage EPCI contractor oversight and compliance with procedures
- Validate and provide support to EPCI contractor to develop schedules and plans in readiness for the key project milestones and the overall integrated Start-Up of the Tortue project
- Manage interfaces and interactions with subsea, FLNG, Facilities and QU interfaces and other interfaces as required in support of system handover
- Ensure effective oversight of the System Handover Management process from Mechanical Completion through to System Handover to Operations for the respective area of responsibility
- Support and ensure commissioning input to the Delivery Teams quality assurance plans and ensure system quality and acceptance criteria are clearly identified within the Completions System and the Commissioning Procedures
- Establish BP safety principles and promote the GPO safety goal of 'no harm to people and no damage to the environment
- Attend FAT, EFAT and SIT
- Lead and Interface with the Site Operations Team and Start Up Team to support efficient system handover
- Contribute to project execution as appropriate, especially in helping to minimise and control any changes towards completion, commissioning and handover
- Validate the use of the detailed pipe cleanliness and preservation processes with the EPC and Company Site Facilities Construction Site Manager and ensure full implementation on site
- Promote the use of digital technologies within the completions and commissioning processes
- Drive the Right First Time quality through the construction and commissioning phases supporting a safe start-up
Engineering degree or extensive industry experience
Essential Experience and Job Requirements
- Extensive completions and commissioning management experience in Offshore projects
- Experience building organizational competence and capability
- Demonstrative completions and commissioning discipline competency through safe and efficient execution of commissioning and/or start-ups
- Track record of experience gained in similar oil and gas related international projects, proven experience in complex projects with management of interfaces
- Demonstrate high ethical conduct in areas of procurement, contracts, evaluation of contractors and all other areas associated with procurement
- Deep knowledge of current project management and commissioning best practices/common processes
- Experience leading commissioning teams within cross-functional teams (i.e. with engineering, construction, operations, subsurface, drilling, commercial teams, etc.)
- Ability to work with interdisciplinary teams and communicate with discipline engineers to drive decision making to meet project delivery milestones
- Cultivate a high quality, high performance approach to the work that the Completions and Commissioning Team is responsible for and support a healthy work environment by coaching team members within the Project and the contractors delivery team.
- A proven decisive and pro-active team player with good communication skills to achieve the best business outcome.
- Ability to work with international and diverse teams
- Experience in Asia / Pacific region facing contractor's desirable
- Experience with diverse work forces coming from a variety of experience bases world would be highly desirable