Skills: Laboratory Ops / Tech
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Hawthorne, California, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
A WORLD LEADER IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION SERVICES
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
Laboratory Supervisor is responsible for leading the laboratory team in regards to safety, quality and production. Implementation, and maintenance of all technical protocols of the organization related to instrumentation, companywide standard operating procedures, and industry compliance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPSONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be designated based on the business requirements.
• Research and inform OCM management of advances in testing technologies, standardizing instrumentation and methodologies with a view to providing an ever increasing level of service to our clients through operational efficiencies
• Work with Quality Assurance and Operations to implement established company-wide SOP's
• Facilitate and lead validation of new and existing methods including new instrumentation with appropriate interval for review
• Oversee all new instrument acquisitions to ensure compliance with industry standards and established company goals
• Maintain and develop recommended calibration, performance evaluation, and maintenance plans for all laboratory instrumentation
• Work with Quality Assurance and Operations for conducting investigations and root cause analysis for problematic tests and lead technical investigation to customer complaints
• Perform and advise personnel in special instrument repairs and test procedures to analyze components and physical properties of materials.
• Provide assistance to operations for advanced troubleshooting of instrumentation failure
• Compiles and analyzes test information to determine operating efficiency of process or equipment and to diagnose root cause of nonconforming testing data
• Ability to utilize formulas and processes based on test results. Tests and analyzes sample products while in the test validation stage of instrument repairs.
• Investigates complaints on existing instrument and software problems on a daily basis and can manage multiple ongoing instrument problems.
• Develop OCM CAPEX model with criteria for OCM-USA Instrumentation investment
• Active contributor to ASTM International and OCM Industry Associations
• Participate in external ISO17025 accreditation audit
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to USinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.