Skills: ROV Ops / Tech
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our Client is looking for a Senior ROV Control Systems Engineer, on a permanent staff basis, location in Aberdeen.
Looking for an innovative and dynamic team player to join our ROV and Autonomy technology team in Aberdeen in the position of Senior Control Systems Engineer.
Our expert group works is tasked with delivering industry leading technologies that increase company's Remote and Autonomous systems product and service lines. This includes projects such as:
- Remote Operations of company ROV fleet
- Development Subsea resident ROV/AUVs
- Onshore Control Centres for remote ROV operations
- Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUV)
- Autonomous Surface Vessels
- Automated tooling for subsea vehicle
- Electric Work Class Vehicles
- Electric ROV Tooling
The ideal candidate should have a strong background in ROV/Subsea Vehicle Controls Systems technology development and system integration. Technical skills might include electronics engineering, software engineering, DC motor control and power electronics, satellite communications and local and wide area networks.
A digital mindset is important with a demonstrable understanding of the opportunities created by robotics, analytics and the cloud. Company's programme team aim to be recognised as leaders in the development of Remote and Autonomous systems.
Applicant will have excellent communication skills with the ability to build good working relations at all level. A proactive attitude with a keen eye for detail is essential to the success of this role.
Experience in ROV Controls Systems and AUV development is advantageous, but applications are encouraged from adjacent engineering sectors with experience in robotics, telepresence and automation.
- Be subject matter expert (SME) in Remote and Autonomous Systems
- Lead and participate in the specification, design and delivery of innovative systems and solutions in line with the Project requirements.
- Engage with stakeholders and fellow engineers to continually evaluate system requirements and project end goals.
- Communicate changes, emerging risks or additional resource requirements in a timely manner to Project Leads.
- Willingness to have a hands-on approach to development and testing of solutions.
- Articulate complex technical concepts in a business context to project stakeholders.
- Willingness to travel within the role during periods of testing, implementation and operations.
- Ability to communicate and support more junior members of the team.
- Develop the company's IP portfolio through identification of opportunities for patents and assess competitor filings.
- Attend industry conferences; author and present papers where required
- ROV Controls Systems design, development and integration experience.
- Electronics and system design.
- Software development, control and maintenance.
- Strong understanding and experience with project and product life cycle management.
- Conceptual, analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Aptitude with developing complex systems.
- Experience in writing supporting engineering documentation including design documentation, procedures, test plans and manuals.
- Experience in working in a multi-disciplined systems engineering team.
- Experience in Vendor and 3rd Party management.
- Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality awareness.
Preferable Experience / Attributes:
- Experience in robotics or system and tooling automation in adjacent engineering sectors / industries.
- Networks and communications design (e.g. LAN, WAN, VSAT)
- Good working knowledge of industry standards, specifications and guidelines.
- Knowledge and experience of control system safety standards.
- Demonstrable commitment to personal development and technical learning.
- Recognised Engineering degree or equivalent work experience