Job Description Where you fit in
Retail is the face of Shell Group. We play a central role in building Shell's brand value and reputation as well as contributing strong returns, stable cash delivery and E2E value to Downstream. We face challenging operating environment, low-cost innovative competitors, uncertain regulations, shifting fuel demand and customers with more sophisticated needs and choices.
Our strategy, produced 3 years ago, has taken us to where we are today. However, we must seize new opportunities and take action to stay ahead of the competition for the longer term. To guide our business into the future, the Retail strategy has been refreshed to help us deliver our ambition to 2020.What's the role?
The Retail Economic Advisor of Retail China is expected to provide comprehensive finance support in the following aspects:
- Support Retail China in investment, divestment and financing proposals including:?
- Provide solid economic evaluation, review and challenge on the investment Proposals, including its assumptions
- Ensure alignment with China Retail strategy, T&R as well as ensure compliance of processes with Group policies such as Opportunity Realisation Standard, global Capex/ Opex guidelines and other relevant policies / guidelines.
- Analyze economics results and provide comments and holistic assessment on the reasonableness, investment benchmarking, etc to enable quality decision making.
- Ensure proper authorizations are obtained for the Proposals in line with both organizational MOA and JVs MOA
- Ensure timely and proper filing of the assumption paper, proposals and relevant approval records.
- Work with Shell China and JV Network team, JV Investment Managers to drive for quality assessment, improve project governance and effective decision-making process on Local Investment Proposals in JVs (e.g. sample check on key control points, internalize risk management concepts for frontline colleagues).
- Work closely with Regional Retail Economics Community to ensure equipped sufficient competencies to provide support on investment evaluation activities for Retail JVs growth. Assess workarounds required and additional models for economic evaluation to handle local requirements.
- Custodian of local DOVAMO and China Retail Evaluation Model (CREM) including providing advice on updating assumptions annually for all JVs and WOFEs, and propose revisions when material changes take place. Support Retail Finance manager to align views with Chinese Partners on economic assumptions changes and obtain JV Board's approval.
- Provide training to users in both SCL/WOFEs and JVs on localized DOVAMO (and other specific economic models).
- Work closely with JV finance managers and Shell Treasury on the capex and financing plan and implementations including Capex spending tracking and support to obtain government approvals on JV's equity injections.
- Perform Post Investment Reviews (PIRs) on selective Retail investments. Maintain and enhance current PIR tools.
- In charge of periodic reporting, including GIP tracking, Bank Balance report, Loan Movement report, Capex spending report etc.
- Proactive coordination with S&P and Market Intelligence group to fully utilize their work and/or supply them with local knowledge.
Shell's story in China dates back more than 100 years. At Shell China we will make sure that your ideas will travel. All of Shell's core businesses are now represented in China. We need world-class candidates to continue our drive to innovate and answer the world's energy needs in socially and environmentally responsible ways.Requirements What we need from you
- Degree in the areas of Business, Finance or Accounting and/or MBA and/or professional certification(s) preferred with substantial years experience.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Delivery focus and proven track record in recent positions
- Initiator with ability to work in multi-culture environments and with limited direct supervision
- Strong business and commercial sense,
- Relevant experience in financial modeling and project management will be a plus, but not mandatory.
- Fluency in both Chinese and English
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.