Skills: Customer Service, Secretarial or Administrative
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Product Support Specialist located in Louisville, KY Kentucky or within 100 miles of a major airport through September 18, 2019 at 11:59 (Eastern Standard Time).
We are looking for a Product Support Specialist to join our Lubricants Technology Team! This position is part of a team of six which provides product application support for internal and external customers for all Chevron and Texaco branded lubricants and coolants in the Americas Region. Broadly, the Lubetek function is part of a larger team that provides all levels of technical support and services in direct support for regional Chevron Lubricants Marketing and Sales teams. In addition, this position provides the opportunities to interact across the entire technology, sales and marketing organizations and works closely with the Regional Life Cycle Manager and the Global Product Development teams to implement product line and growth strategies in the region. This role provides an excellent entry into the technology organization and clear development paths to an expanding role in technology. You will be working in fast paced, call center environment with a heavy focus on team collaboration and continuous improvement culture.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for providing Tier 1 & 2 technical support to internal and external customers.
- Responsible for handling & documenting incoming phone calls to Lubetek hotline.
- Responsible for handling & documenting incoming live chat and email requests from Chevron Lubricants.com website.
- Performing specification/updates to competitive comparison entries for Product Match app in Salesforce.com.
- Performing specification/product updates to lubricant specifications for third party equipment databases.
- Provide correct product recommendations by verifying equipment manufacturer recommendations.
- Provide competitive cross reference information to recommend the appropriate Chevron product for customers using competitive products.
- Provide product compatibility guidelines for Chevron products to be used with competitive products.
- Provide meaningful solutions when external customers face lubricant-related equipment problems.
- Provide timely responses to product quality or performance concerns working with Sales, Supply Chain and Product Lifecycle Management as necessary to provide appropriate response.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ years of strong customer service experience
- 3+ years of experience with lubricant based equipment applications in the automotive, commercial or industrial segments
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, and Salesforce.com service platform
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- 3+ years of lubricants sales experience
- STLE CLS/OMA-1 Certified or willingness to work toward obtaining these certifications
- Bilingual - English/Spanish/French speaking skills
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breast-feeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability (including medical condition), military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic information or other status protected by law or regulation.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please email us at email@example.com.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Louisville
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.