Essential Functions / Responsibilities:
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Responsible for programming a component, feature and/or feature set.
- Provide technical leadership to a team of 5-7 developers and define, develop, and evolve software in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development technologies and infrastructure.
- Work with Product Line Leaders (PLLs) to understand product requirements and vision.
- Translate requirements/vision into prioritized list of user stories and deliver to required timelines and quality standards.
- Work with Product Line Leaders and Architects to develop multi generation software technology plans.
- Drive increased efficiency across the teams, eliminating duplication, leveraging product and technology reuse.
- Support process improvements which guide the development, sustaining support activities.
- Coach, mentor, and lead distributed/co-located team.
- Work cross functionally with other business departments to align activities and deliverables.
- Drive world-class quality in the development and support of products. Communicate effectively both within immediate team and also across SSG Leadership team and with PLLs.
- Ensure team receives consistent messages and has clear understanding of business direction, strategy and results.
- Engage subject matter experts in successful transfer of complex domain knowledge.
- Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, Refactoring and Testing Techniques.
- Write code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project.
- Understand performance parameters and assess application performance. Work on core data structures and algorithms and implement them using technology chosen.
- Share information across the team, to the right audience with the appropriate level of detail and timeliness.
Bachelor's degree, or foreign degree equivalent, in Computer Science, Applied Computer Science, or Computer Applications and 5 years of progressively responsible post-Bachelor's degree experience in related occupation. Alternatively, a Master's degree, or foreign degree equivalent, in Computer Science, Applied Computer Science, or Computer Applications, and 3 years of experience in related occupation is acceptable. The position also requires 3 years of experience with the following:
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Enterprise Frameworks or Open Source software
- Build tools including Jenkins and Source Control Systems like GIT or SVN
- Web services using SOA or Micro Services
- Relational databases like Oracle or Postgres
- Message brokers like RabbitMQ
- Software development methodologies like Agile or Waterfall
- Troubleshooting production systems.
Baker Hughes will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more