Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for Directional Driller in Shafter, CAEssential Responsibilities:
- Under minimal supervision, provide direct instruction and supervision to junior Field Engineers on day-to-day wellsite work and activities.
- Provide advice and direction to external customer and third-party wellsite colleagues as appropriate.
- Provide resolution to a diverse scope and range of complex problems at the wellsite where analysis of data requires having a broad knowledge of the product line tool(s) and service(s).
- Act as a project leader and mentor junior Field Engineers.
- Maintain frequent intra-organizational and external customer contacts with a high degree of professionalism.
- Execute other related duties as assigned.
- Conduct all business activities in accordance with BHGE HSE policies, Legal Compliance requirements and Core Values.
- High School Diploma is a must.
- 3+ years of rig drilling experience or 2+ years of Directional Drilling (DD) experience.
- Intermediate computer skills for tracking and documentation.
- Knowledge of basic algebraic applications.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the skill profile required for the delivery of Directional Systems services at the well site.
- Ability to work in challenging Directional Systems environments and to provide complex solutions to the customer.
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills, and excellent customer awareness.
- Ability to relate to wellsite personnel at all levels, be a strong team member, and demonstrate leadership capability.
- Must be able to be on call 24/7 in all weather conditions and work without neither guaranteed days off nor a structured schedule.
- Projected 75% travel and able to live at wellsites for extended periods of time
- Two year Technical Degree.
- 2+ years of Directional Drilling (DD) experience.
- Experience functioning as a Lead Hand or Supervisor.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.