Seabrook, Texas, United States
Seabrook, Texas, United States
Skills: Chemical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Plant Operations Engineer
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Seabrook, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Provide technical operations support and asset planner for Houston terminal. Evaluate existing operating systems and make modifications to ensure the efficient and cost-effective movement of products within in/out of the terminal. Ensure that operational policies and programs fully comply with regulatory requirements, facility permits, process safety management and industry standards. Troubleshoot day to day operational issues and develop/implement solutions.
This position has a strong safety focus and will support incident investigations, action item closure and lead the management of change process for the operations team. The job will also have the responsibility to be the asset planner for the terminal.
Develop, recommend, implement, and execute strategies to optimize terminal operations and systems, processes, policies, programs and practices.
Ensure that operations systems including utilities, processes, policies, programs and practices comply with all applicable federal, state, and local regulatory requirements.
Collect, understand, analyze, interpret and assess operational data to identify, support and resolve improvement opportunities in logistics, processes, equipment, operations and resource needs.
Make recommendations and implement improvements to railcar, tank truck, vessel planning, scheduling and execution.
Act as asset planner for the terminal and help optimize utilization of the existing assets, including jetty lines, and make recommendations for improvement.
Participate and track operational capex projects, designs and executions.
Participate in the Business Review Team to review and approve new chemicals for storage and handling. Recommend action items required to facilitate proper storage and handling.
Participate as team member in training sessions for new Chemical storage and handling.
Track Change of Service, including tank cleaning process, supporting commissioning or de commissioning for new business to ensure timeline completion
Track and review all transportation mode metrics and KPIs
Develop and recommend improvements for the following:
- Existing process equipment, pump operations, system layout, utilities between tanks to load/unload point.
- Operational requirements for transferring of products via different modes
- Tank truck, pipeline and jetty line cleaning practices and requirements for changing types of service.
- Plant infrastructure related to utilities (breathing air/plant air/steam/nitrogen/water/waste water).
Participate in a team environment to conduct Process Hazard Analyses, Management of Change processes, and Root Cause Analysis processes.
Interface with multiple departments to execute weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual equipment and system checks plant wide.
Follow company policies and comply with company regulations. Cooperate and support colleagues.
Supporting on developing and implementing new training material for existing or new products
Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- BS degree in Chemical or Industrial Engineering
- Prefer three to five years of experience as a practicing Engineer, including experience preferably in chemical manufacturing; willing to consider recent graduates with limited experience
- Prefer practical operational experience handling multiple liquids and liquid chemicals in an industry facility with respect to:
- Handling, storage and transfer of multiple liquid chemicals via multiple modes (tank terminals, rail car, iso-container, and marine).
- LOTO, confined space, safe and hot work permitting, line-breaking, hazardous area classification, RCA, WWTS, along with hazardous waste generation, storage and disposal
- Experience in operations, environmental regulatory compliance, permitting, PHAs, PSM, and executing a 5 Why and/or Root Cause Analysis process is preferred.
Occasionally: Standing, climbing stairs to top of tanks, boarding vessels via rope ladder, bending over, climbing ladders and stairs, reaching overhead, crouching, kneeling, balancing, pushing or pulling, grasping, lifting or carrying 10-50 pounds, touching.
Frequently: Sitting, walking (general), walking in and out of terminal and through a turnstile, repetitive use of hands/arms, eye/hand coordination, talking, smelling, keyboarding/typing, maintaining stamina during workday, producing unique or creative solutions to problems, receiving and transmitting accurate information orally and in writing, concentrating on tasks, remembering details, making decisions, examining/observing details, discriminating colors, using math/calculations.
Continuously: Hearing, seeing, thinking analytically; understanding, assimilating and drawing conclusions from information and data; maintaining attention span during workday, using English language correctly.
Occasionally: Irregular hours, shift schedule, on-call schedule, working around hot/cold temperatures, electrical hazards, falling hazards (wearing safety harness), heavy machinery, sharp objects/tools, exposure to fumes, gases and odors, exposure to dust, dirt, grease, oil mud, exposure to excessive noise, hot temperature devices and vibration, maintaining composure and professionalism under emotional stress, working in difficult interpersonal situations, traveling locally between office locations, traveling domestically and/or internationally.
Frequently: Wearing PPE, using respirator, working outside, wearing uniform.
Continuously: Working in close proximity/potential exposure to hazardous chemicals, maintaining TWIC card, performing multiple tasks at the same time, maintaining high level of energy and productivity through the work day.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT UTILIZED
- Office equipment including a PC
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Customized/task specific software