McCamey, Texas, United States
McCamey, Texas, United States
Skills: Operations Management, Maintenance Technician, Refinery / Plant Operations Supervisor
Other Skills: pipeline operations, safety, volumetric measurements, budgetary guidelines, workshop, supply & distribution
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: McCamey, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
The Operations Supervisor is responsible for carrying on the day-to-day activities on an assigned asset or group of assets, keeping it in good, safe operating condition and in compliance with government regulations. This position requires pipeline knowledge, experience, and capability to deal with a variety of pipeline related issues. This person must be a self-motivator and willing to take on a wide range of Operations and Maintenance responsibilities. Must be able to accommodate business travel and extended hours as needed.
- Effectively manages field operators and technicians.
- Ensures that all regulated maintenance for area is performed safely and on schedule.
- Ensures that volumetric measurements are performed per the Plains measurement manual and reported correctly.
- Will ensure that operating area works within a defined budget and manages costs within set budgetary guidelines and will also generate operating and project budgets for operating area.
- Models and promotes a culture of safety and environmental compliance at all times throughout the Division.
- Demonstrates sound judgment in relationships with employees, contractors, landowners and customers, and ensures that all work is done timely and in compliance with Plains Company and Safety Policies and relevant regulatory guidelines.
- Performs other projects or tasks as deemed necessary by District Manager
- High school diploma or equivalent with 3-5 years of applicable experience in pipeline or terminal operations.
- Good understanding of all aspects of operating a pipeline system, including but not limited to, administrative, electrical, mechanical and measurement.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, which include planning, coordinating and supervising others.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to speak, read and write English and be able to lead and manage a work group effectively and in line with Plains Pipeline procedures.
- Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite with strong emphasis in Excel.
- Must have and maintain valid driver's license to operate company vehicles.
- Ability to complete Haz-Mat training, safety programs, and meet minimum DOT qualifications and able to obtain any other Operator Qualifications as deemed necessary by the District Manager.
- Ability to work outside with exposure to heat, cold and inclement weather.
- Job may require walking, stooping, bending, lifting and climbing.