JOB FUNCTIONS AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Review and monitor plant operation/processes for optimizing quality and production of products meeting required data specifications, including but not limited to working safely and having good trouble shooting skills on mechanical equipment (natural gas internal combustion engines, natural gas compressors, electrical and pneumatic controls, pumps, and control equipment).
- Install equipment such as pumps, motors, and valves and perform general maintenance when needed.
- Operation of cryogenics plant, stabilizer, amine and glycol treatment systems
- Collect data readings and monitoring plant equipment
- Perform minor maintenance on compressors and install equipment such as pumps, motors, and valves and perform general maintenance when needed.
- Fill out applicable work/hot work permits, lockout/tag-out documentation, attend and participate in tailgate sessions with others involved in work site activities.
- Perform routine shutdowns and startup of equipment and perform emergency procedures when required.
- Act as relief operator as needed.
- Minimum of 2 years of related midstream work experience.
- Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Ability to work 12-hour rotating (day/night) shifts and will require some weekends and holidays to be worked.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver's license to include a safe driving record satisfactory to the company.
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays, with the ability to respond to call outs as needed to fulfill business objective and the ability to work shifts for plant or field conditions.
- Interpersonal communication skills are required in order to interface with all affected teams, personnel, and vendors.
- Strong work ethic with demonstrated ability to effectively work with minimum supervision
- Solid computer skills to include Microsoft Office Software
- Ability to lift, push, and pull at least a minimum of 50lbs.
- Ability to work in changing climate conditions.
- Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
- Follow and adhere to all applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines (ex: eye protection, footwear, Nomex).
- Regular and reliable attendance
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
- 3+ year experience in the industry or knowledge of plant operations.
- Has a good understanding of utilizing horsepower and compression.
- Warehouse knowledge and mechanical aptitude a plus
- Able to troubleshoot equipment failures and process failures.
- Process Safety Management knowledge.
Targa Resources is an equal opportunity workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation if requested for disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.