Baker Hughes Incorporated has an opening for a Lab Scientist Completion Fluids
at our Rankin Road location in Houston, TX. This role ensures BHGE can deliver flawless execution by completing laboratory testing of completion fluids and supporting on-going and future operations. This includes formulating and building reservoir drill-in fluids and testing them at high-temperature and high-pressure conditions. This role will also work with reservoir samples testing them for fluid compatibility. This position works together with other scientists and independently. Essential Responsibilities:
- Prepare and test reservoir core samples for return permeability and fluid compatibility.
- Analyze reservoir core samples and assist in designing completion fluids.
- Prepare and test completion fluids, including reservoir drill-in fluids, breakers, displacement fluids, and clear brines.
- Write and follow technical procedures.
- Plan and perform testing to support field operations and commercial bids.
- Record testing results in detail.
- Prepare clear and accurate documentation and reports.
- Label and organize products and samples.
- Keep laboratory area tidy.
- Follow all safety regulations and adhere to ISO 9001 standards at a minimum.
- 0-2 years of experience testing completions fluids, including reservoir drill-in fluids, breakers, displacement fluids, and clear brine.
- 2+ years of laboratory experience in school or a professional environment.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a scientific field; geology preferred.
- Experience preparing technical laboratory reports.
- Advanced knowledge of chemistry or geology
- Verbal: be able to listen, understand, ask questions, and follow supervisor directions/instructions.
- Read: have the ability to read and comprehend detailed technical procedures and documents.
- Written: be able to record data and write complex definitive professional memos and technical reports.
- Ability to resolve complex problems with broad scope.
- Ability to communicate well individually and in team environment.
- Able to effectively multi-task and prioritize tasks based on urgency
- Strong ability to build peer relationships as well as work independently.
- Advanced problem solving and project management skills.
- Excellent organizing, planning, and presentation skills.
- Must be action-oriented, ethical in value, and customer-focused with a drive for results.
- Self-motivated with ability to work without direct supervision.
- Sound ability to manage time, make quality decisions, and manage and measure work.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.