Skills: Process Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Gatwick, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
We currently have a very exciting opportunity for a Senior Process Engineer to join Cameron's Process Systems team, part of Schlumberger Group, at our office in Gatwick.
Cameron's Process Systems group designs, engineers and fabricates specialist oil, gas, water and solids processing equipment packages and facilities. These packages vary in size and complexity from single train vessels to multi deck 2000t modules for both onshore and offshore facilities. For further information see https://www.slb.com/well-production/processing-and-separation.
The position of Senior Process Engineer will act as lead on medium, large and complex/critical projects taking full ownership of all process engineering activities. You will be responsible for leading, undertaking and delegating/managing process engineering activities and deliverables within the team. You will work closely with the Project Engineering Manager, other engineering disciplines and other project support functions to execute the project in accordance with the as sold requirement and Client expectations.
- Evaluate customer inquiries and specifications in support of the proposal team to determine the best process or equipment design for the application. Includes determining the required scope of work to be provided and developing the best strategy to win the technical proposal.
- Design equipment to match specifications or clearly define differences (clarifications or exceptions list) to customers.
- Develop "deliverables" for cost estimating, design engineering, and drafting.
- Creation of all process feed/project deliverables in accordance with the Cameron and Client requirements.
- Perform complex process simulations utilising Schlumberger defined software.
- Create / review / comment on complex PFDs and P&IDs.
- Perform line sizing calculations.
- Process input with selection and location of level control equipment.
- Recommend control valve types and define PSV sizing basis.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of all Schlumberger products and their technical design features and application.
- Generate Control Narrative and Control Philosophy in conjunction with instrumentation discipline.
- Attend client clarification and kick off meetings as required.
- Develop cause and effect charts and participate in client HAZOP or lead internal HAZOP.
- Produce Installation, Operating (Start-up and Shut-down) & Maintenance Instruction manuals, including lists for Consumables, Special Tools, Lubricants, and Utilities.
- Produce training materials and run training sessions.
- Develop equipment data sheets with process data.
- Perform Peer Reviews of team design work including proposals, deliverables, and fabrication drawings.
- Provide technical support for troubleshooting.
- Perform on-site start-up and/or troubleshooting.
- Approve and follow engineering project schedule, coordinate design work with the global resource as applicable, input to man-hour estimates and utilize MOC process.
- Contribute to the development of Schlumberger procedures.
- Knowledge share in the development of others.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Minimum Bachelor degree (BEng or BSc) in Chemical, Petroleum Engineering, with experience in the design and selection of process equipment for the Oil and Gas Industry;
- Or Master (MEng or MSc) Degree in Chemical, Petroleum Engineering with experience in the selection of process equipment for the Oil and Gas Industry; or equivalent experience.
- Preferred Chartered Engineer Status.
- In-depth knowledge of national and international codes and standards for oil field process equipment design, field installation and start-up procedures.
- Highly competent in process equipment design and sizing.
- Ideal hands-on experience with field start-up/trials and troubleshooting experience of systems produced.
- Clear understanding of the various raw material types, grades and selection criteria.
- Experience/skill with multi-discipline project engineering functions.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.