Skills: Design Engineer, Mechanical Engineering
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Clamart, Île-de-France, France
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Mechanical Design Engineer is responsible for the design and development of the mechanical components of new or improved techniques, processes and products in the Surface Well Testing product line. He collaborates on the above with a multi-disciplinary team under the supervision of a project manager.
Essential responsibilities and duties:
- Designs and develops the mechanical portion of multi-disciplinary products and systems including sensors and measurements, mechanics, electronics, firmware, software etc.
- Conceives, models, analyses designs, makes and document design decisions in order to meet all product requirements, including functional, design for X, regulatory etc. requirements.
- Conducts and documents virtual (via analytics or modeling and simulation) and physical verification tests (on prototypes) in order to demonstrate that the product will meets the requirements.
- Designs and develops prototypes, test procedures and associated test set-ups. Performs and documents the tests.
- Creates and maintains product documentation.
- Collaborates on the above with a multi-disciplinary team, in order to meet project objectives.
- May assign, direct and review the work of technicians or designers. May mentor junior engineers.
- Identifies and keeps abreast of novel technologies in order to maintain our technical leadership position.
- Shares his or her expertise with the Schlumberger technical communities. Participates in technical reviews of other projects. Contributes to the documentation of best design practices. Authors technical reports, invention disclosures, papers, articles, external presentations.
- Master's degree or equivalent, preferably in Mechanical Engineering
- Knowledge in
- Computer aided design, drafting,
- Material science,
- Structural mechanics, finite element analysis,
- Design for reliability, design for cost,
- Industrial design,
- Systems engineering,
- Process design in the oil & gas industry would be highly preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong team working skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics proctected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.