Company: NES Global Talent
Skills: Logistics Management
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Our client, a large oil and gas company, is currently seeking an Expeditor in Edmonton, AB.
This position will be responsible for analyzing sources of supply, production schedules, transportation methods and other data to determine best possible delivery schedule of purchased material to meet Just-in-time (JIT) delivery criteria.
• To support the Supply Chain function by expediting and tracking all aspects/deliverables, for items as assigned (items can be included in but not limited to equipment/material required for completion of Purchase Orders, Contracts, or Projects).
• Proactively expedite assigned item(s), by managing and utilizing stakeholder meetings, systems, templates, processes and either aiding in mitigation of or identifying potential risks.
• Build and maintain strong relationships with all stakeholders including, but not limited to, vendors and key client groups such as; engineering, project team members, project contractors, quality and other SCM team members (e.g. Logistics).
• Support and manage assigned equipment/material to ensure on-time readiness and delivery to site in line with the project and construction schedule.
• Support and assist with the management of all associated vendor equipment/material documentation between the vendor, Engineering (or Engineering Consultant) and internal Project teams to ensure prompt review & approval periods. Must ensure that all required documentation is received complete (including approvals if applicable) Examples of documentation required can include the following; drawings, RFI's, Inspection Test Plans (ITP), Weld Procedure Specifications (WPS), and Final Vendor Data Requirements (VDR).
• Regular review of vendor fabrication schedules, Inspection and Test Plans (if applicable), Inspection Reports and other pertinent vendor and PO data to mitigate any delays
• Notify key stakeholders of potential or actual delays while working with supplier to resolve issues as required
• Administrate, schedule, chair, minute and manage vendor supply meetings and attend project meetings as required
• Report to stakeholders on equipment/material status, progress, receiving status as required using the required reporting formats.
• Assist in the review and verification of invoices for accuracy as required
• Work with vendors and stakeholders to resolve freight claims, investigate quantity shortages/overages, shipment errors, tagging issues etc.
• Communicate potential commercial and technical issues to the Project team members and stakeholders.
• Assist with logistics for delivery of equipment/material to site and coordinate with construction at site to ensure readiness and proper equipment is available for off-loading shipment as required
• Coordinate activities and communicate regularly with key stakeholders.
• Follow standard processes to ensure that the expediting tasks and duties for assigned equipment/material is centralized as per the direction of the team lead & or Manager.
• Keep updated electronic records per requirements for timely completion of PO/Contract closeouts by creating, organizing and maintaining expediting files
• This position is responsible for providing frequent, timely and results-oriented project equipment/material expediting.
• Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, positively influencing project, manage project milestones within scope, ensuring document submittal schedules and focus on completion of Purchase Order/Contract close out requirements.
• Requires the ability to communicate all issues and concerns precisely, clearly and unambiguously with all stakeholders.
• Sr Expeditors, Expediting Team Lead , and/or Team Manager- Working with and seeking additional general direction, guidance and counsel on a regular basis. Team Lead and/or Manager to provide and change work assignments as required
• Regular updates/Meetings/ Support for Vendors and Internal/ External clients such as Engineering, Consultants, Contractors, Buyers, Project Team members, Commissioning, Construction Services, Quality Surveillance and other SCM Team members (e.g. Logistics).
• Previous working knowledge and experience of expediting best practices and an understanding of logistics, purchasing and project document requirements.
• Good interpersonal skills with ability to maintain and builds strong working relationships.
• Equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
• Coordination skills, ability to multi-task, follow up and manage timelines
• Ability to work on diverse projects and processes with conflicting deadlines.
• Customer service/Problem Solving/Organizational skills an asset.
• Working Knowledge of Engineering and Vendor Documentation is required.
• Strong and effective communication skills and attention to detail are a necessity
• Knowledge of MS Windows/Outlook and Office Suite.
• Post-secondary education in a related field (e.g. Project Management, Purchasing / Supply Chain Management, B-Com, Finance, Business Admin.)
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.