Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Graphics Design, Marketing
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Under broad direction, the Senior Marketing Specialist plays the role of an Art Director within the Corporate Marketing department, providing expert creative thinking skills and design execution across multiple platforms, including campaign graphics, advertising, executive-level presentations, event branding, website/social media and more. We're looking for a storyteller with a strong sense of brand, who is comfortable working with C-suite executives and internal clients to bring complex ideas and strategic objectives to life through visuals and messaging.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, self-directed forward thinker who possesses a positive, can-do attitude. This person must be a team player and enjoy working with technically complex material and in a collaborative, high-pressure, fast-paced, and deadline-oriented environment. They must enjoy being challenged and taking on a variety of assignments that require creative problem solving and a storyteller mindset.
- Graphic design and art direction
- Presentation development and cleanup
- Tradeshow/event graphic support
- Advertising (print, digital, web and social)
- Video and motion graphics - either production or storyboarding/direction for 3rd party vendors
- Excellent design sense and awareness of current marketing design trends
- Understands importance of brand and can work within established standards and templates
- Showcase a creative portfolio with a clean, contemporary aesthetic that demonstrates strategic thinking, skill, style, and experience
- Experienced with developing creative concepts based on research, insight, creative briefs and clients' business strategies
- Unique skillset for crafting clear and visually compelling presentations, synthesizing complex, abstract, and disorganized information into compelling creative concepts or narratives with a strong understanding of visual storytelling
- Experience in data visualization and creating infographic style illustrations
- Possess excellent communication and people skills to effectively engage with internal senior-level management
- Excellent time management skills with ability to oversee multiple projects and deadlines and handle unforeseen requests
- Display a positive, team-building work attitude without ego; adaptability and willingness to pitch in where needed
- Requires completion of an Associate degree in Marketing, Communications, or Liberal Arts
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in Marketing or Communications, which includes high-level project management experience
- Experience working with oil and gas
- Expertise with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator)
- Video editing and/or sound editing skills are a plus (After Effects, Premiere)
- 3d modelling a plus
- Advanced knowledge of MS PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Excel for charting
- Knowledge of print design a plus
- Knowledge of web and social media a plus
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher-level roles given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and /or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available Sr. Marketing Specialist up to a Marketing Coordinator.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E., Houston, Texas, 77032, United States
Requisition Number: 78687
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Sales & Marketing
Product Service Line: Legal
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.