The Operations Technician at the Galena Park Marine Terminal will primarily be responsible for the safe and efficient cargo transfer operation of the marine docks and related shore equipment. JOB FUNCTIONS AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Shore equipment includes pumps, compressors, valves, heaters, boilers, truck rack, dehydration and refrigeration systems.
- The Galena Park Marine Terminal in Galena Park, TX is a DOT and USCG regulated facility
- Regular and reliable attendance is required
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Valid Texas driver's license
- Access equipment on barges and ships, some heavy lifting and tugging on ropes, hoses & loading arms, operating valves
- Able to work 12 hour rotating shifts, including weekends and holidays, subject to callouts & overtime
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft Windows applications
- Able to work in a self-managed work team environment and take direction from team
- Must be a self-starter and flexible; able to plan and manage multiple task
- Able to work with a multi-national customer base
- Able to obtain a TWIC card.
- Previous marine LPG/Chemical terminal experience with above-mentioned equipment
- College courses in process technology, process controls and instrumentation
- Previous Mechanical/I&E experience a plus
- Has a valid TWIC card
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
- Ability to lift, push, and pull at least a minimum of 50lbs.
- Ability to work in changing climate conditions.
- Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
Targa Resources is an equal opportunity workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation if requested for disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.