Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only full stream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Supported by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company positions minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying innovations from other industries to progress its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we devote investment in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but essential to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGE, or visit us at BHGE.com. Role Summary:
Baker Hughes, a GE Company, currently has an opportunity for an experienced Drilling Fluids Engineer to provide Drilling Fluids solutions and support to their UK North Sea Drilling Operations team.Essential Responsibilities:
- Provide onsite services by measuring, testing, and supervising the running of fluid mixing and pumping, including technical analysis and specific product and practical recommendations for controlling fluid properties.
- Maintain fluid properties on rig sites by testing fluid properties accurately.
- Maintain inventory at customer well sites.
- Provide effective customer service by providing rig-site customers and coordinators information regarding the progress at the rig site and create/implement solutions to rig site problems.
- Provide ongoing support to assist operations in providing customers the most effective, environmentally safe drilling fluids available while optimising the well-bore construction process and maximising customers' production.
- Conduct all business activities in accordance with BHGE HSE policies, Legal
- Compliance requirements and Culture Pillars.
- Bachelor graduated in faculty related to drilling oil and gas, chemicals or have relevant industry experience.
- Qualified and Accredited Drilling Fluids School with training and experience in measuring, testing, and supervising the running of fluid mixing and pumping, including technical analysis and specific product and practical recommendations for controlling fluid properties
- Completed basic training on drilling fluids.
- Completed advanced drilling fluids training and other drilling relating courses.
- Experience of working at the well site, ideally as Lead Mud Engineer or Drilling Fluids Engineer.
- Excellent command of English (listening, speaking, reading and writing)
- Excellent skills in computer and Microsoft Office software.
- Fluent in professional software
- Self-starter, excellent work history
- Must be reliable, work safely, and committed to quality service
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more