Skills: Technical Manager, Safety Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Worley require a Principal Technical Safety Engineer for 6 months for one of our Client's Engineering Team based in Aberdeen.
You will work within and as part of their technical safety group, reporting directly to their Technical Safety Supervisor.
As well as supporting their Operations Group, you will also be working on the decommissioning of one of their UKCS offshore assets, and you will be the focal point for all associated technical safety elements of the scope.
Key responsibilities within this scope will include, but not be limited to;
- Develop clear scopes of work for decom contractors either as standalone documents, or as input to multidiscipline documents
- Provide input to and support of all associated bid work for all decom elements
- Create and develop bridging documents for key safety documentation including Safety Case, Dismantling Safety Case etc.
- Provide technical safety support and steer to the Client project team and to the decom contractors during the execution of the scope
- Prepare estimates and schedules and assist in reviews
- Ensure that where necessary, work complies with the relevant Codes, Standards, Regulations and Procedures
- Ensure, as far as is practically possible, that all assigned work is carried out in compliance with the agreed scope, budget and schedule
- Identify scope and schedule changes in accordance with the Change Control Process
- Be responsible for assessing effectiveness of working practices and systems with a view to continuously improving systems, personal and team performance
- Keep up to date with decom technical developments, National and International standards and legislative requirements related to the discipline scope
- Encourage and provide lateral learning within the project
- Support other technical safety requirements for operations, drilling etc. as time allows
- Commitment to and promotion of WorleyParsons and our Clients values and ensuring the realisation of company and project health, safety, environmental, quality and ethics, systems, policies and procedure
Our Client is looking for an 'all-rounder' and experience of offshore decom projects design is preferable.
Offshore trips may be required from time to time, but only for short duration and so BOSIET, medical and MIST is preferred, but not essential.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in appropriate engineering subject, and preferably Chartered Engineer status
- Experienced technical safety engineer with sound technical background and expertise, with experience of offshore Projects detailed design, and decommissioning
- Experienced in the preparation of and update to Safety Case documentation
- Experienced in the use of appropriate codes of practice, standards and relevant sections of statutory documentation
- Experienced in the use of design and assessment methods used within discipline
- Competent in use of analytical methods used within discipline including theoretical background for analysis programs
- Able to estimate man-hours and materials for delegated aspects of work
- Able to work with other disciplines and drafting sections to meet delivery dates.
- Able to work alongside the Decom Project Team to deliver the engineering design deliverables for the removal of their UKCS offshore asset
- Able to develop project documentation, safety cases and supporting deliverables