This position will be responsible to work at the Mont Belvieu Complex as a Planner/Scheduler working for the effective execution of proactive maintenance work processes. Successful candidate will be responsible for efficient and effective resources to conduct maintenance which will result in, minimized down time, maximum, efficiency, To mitigate rework and maximize total run time. JOB FUNCTIONS AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Helping to prioritize, plan and schedule maintenance work while verifying accuracy of job plans
- Primary focus is to move into a proactive and predictive mode optimizing work force productivity and minimize plant downtown
- Manage work with a minimum of one week in advance of scheduled shut down
- Principal contact and liaison between maintenance and operations, ensure the area or department in which Maintenance Technicians, receive quality maintenance service in a timely manner.
- Provide high equipment availability and performance reliability
- Review all work orders for accuracy and clarity
- Determine validity and accuracy of work order information as well as engage appropriate resources in order to set a preliminary priority. Emergency Corrective Maintenance (CM) work orders are not handled by Planner Scheduler
- Identify work requiring engineering design and reviews with Engineering department
- Escalates issues to Maintenance Manager/Supervisor for work that does not appear to be valid or required
- Obtain and organize all information required for crafts to complete tasks, including: Drawings, Vendor manuals, supplemental instructional materials, preparing procedures including sketches, as-built and isometric drawings, notes to clarify the task to be completed
- Identify and secure all parts and materials required to complete the task and maintain a â€?Bill of Materialâ€ for the work order
- Work with vendors to manage spare parts and materials to minimize the risk of using critical spares and not replenishing this inventory
- Approach each job mitigating all aspects of safety and environmental impact
- Provide job estimates based on work to be performed including labor, material and outside services
- Manage job requests status to complete work order
- Verify all materials, information, tools and labor are available prior to scheduling
- Work with Maintenance leads, Supervisors and Operations in order to determine facility availability
- Participate in schedule meetings with operations to finalize priority of work orders
- Follow up and communicate schedule to all resources including maintenance, operations outside services parts availability and engineering
- Issue scheduled work orders with job plan packets, address any questions on job packets
- Follow up with supervisors to ensure that completed work orders and job plans are turned in with improvement and opportunity comments
- Update job plans as required
- Manage shutdown required work orders
- Use feedback to improve job estimates, planning and scheduling from maintenance supervisor, maintenance leads and operation supervisors
- Maintain accurate metrics on the performance of planning and scheduling functions.
- Verifies spare equipment swapping is performed as scheduled. (Maximo)
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Possess a valid driverâ€™s license.
- Plant equipment maintenance experience.
- Ability to utilize interpersonal communication skills in order to interface with all affected crafts, personnel, and vendors; able to work in a self-directed manner.
- Must work with a minimum of supervision and be able to manage time when given multiple tasks.
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays, and be able to respond to call-outs as need to fulfill business objectives.
- Follow and adhere to all applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines (ex: eye protection, footwear, FRC).
- Ability to follow and adhere to all applicable safety regulations including, but not limited to, Targaâ€™s processes and procedures, Site Specific Rules, State and Federal regulations.
- Ability to work in changing climate conditions and a plant environment.
- Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing; ability to lift, push/pull 75 pounds.
- The employee frequently is required to stand; walk, sit and work with, and reach with hands and arms.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
- Ability to lift, push, and pull at least a minimum of 75lbs.
- Ability to work in changing climate conditions.
- Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
Targa Resources is an equal opportunity workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation if requested for disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.