Pipeline Operator Trainee
If you're highly ambitious, safety-conscious, and thrive in complex and uncertain situations, this role will help you grow and develop in a business that encourages both personal and professional development where you'll be part of some of the most ground-breaking projects anywhere in the industry.
Where you fit in?
Operations Craft and Maintenance jobs at Shell are essential to the ongoing successes of the company. In one of our Operations and Maintenance roles you will be part of a growing team that is tasked with the safe and efficient day-to-day operation of our global projects and assets.
Shell Zydeco Pipeline and Houma Facility serves as a "Hub" for the pipeline transportation of Crude Oil from Houston, TX to Louisiana. The operator trainee position is responsible for the safe, reliable and efficient operation of the pipeline assets in Louisiana. Working at one of our pipeline assets, and other operations, a career in Operations and Maintenance at Shell is one right at the front line of the company's activities. You can have a purpose-driven career with the work you will do everyday and leave a positive impact on your life, your community and the world.
What's the role?
On a day to day basis, Process Technicians are involved with the following activities;
- You monitor and manage overall operations of area asset
- Work closely with control center and scheduling personnel
- Work collaboratively with craft maintenance and pipeline maintenance personnel
- Ensure strict regulatory compliance with the companies safety policies and procedures
- Maintain good communications with other stakeholders within the facility
- Perform daily surveillance of pipeline assets and facilitate oil movements per schedule
- Understand and follow the local operating procedures
- Ensure work stations are clean and free of hazards
- Maintain facility logs and documentation
- Safe work attitude and practical knowledge of industrial safety standards
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries that aims to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers.Requirements
What we need from you?
- Minimum 2 years of work experience as an operator at an onshore gas site, or have an Associate of Applied Science degree in Process technology or relevant military experience or job function
- Willing to work in confined spaces with or without accommodation Willing to support the companies drug-free work environment, harassment free work environment policy, safety policies in diversity and inclusion policies
- Must be able to work in the United States on a permanent basis without the requirement of a visa.
- Possess a current , valid license to operate a motor vehicle in the United States
- Must currently hold or be able to qualify to receive a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card
- Comply with all HSSE regulations, policies, standards, practices and actively participate in improving asset safety culture
- Tend to emergencies, successful candidates must reside within 60 minutes of the site or be willing to relocate to within 60 minutes of the site without relocation assistance
- Must be flexible to work overtime, nights and weekends when the need arises.
- Must be at least 18 years old, with a minimum High school diploma or GED. Able read, write and speak English
- Willingness to work a 12-hour rotating shift schedule
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorized Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell participates in E-Verify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.