Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Our Client is looking for a Junior Legal and Commercial Advisor, on a permanent staff basis, location in Aberdeen.
The position is responsible for effective and efficient support of the commercial and local legal matters, provision of legal advisory services and ensuring effective management of contractual risks.
- Negotiate and advise on Licences, Joint Operating Agreements and related/ similar agreements and documents.
- Review progress of outstanding litigation and claims and liaise with and manage external lawyers.
- Provide support to the business development team on English law related issues.
- Continuously monitor compliance with statutory obligations and advise accordingly.
- Review and advise on English law related issues pertaining to the supply chain and any other agreements if and when requested.
- Provide status updates on regulatory developments and ensure implementation.
- Participate actively in Commercial and Legal function team meetings to exchange information on workload, projects, developments etc., and discuss relevant responses and actions in each location.
- Work closely with the international legal team and provide support on a broad range of other legal issues.
- Provide and interpret legal information, conduct training and disseminate appropriate legal actions.
- Liaise with other to conduct performance appraisals and ensure competency and training gaps are addressed.
- Liaise with relevant departments to ensure that legal risks are identified and appropriate courses of action have been taken.
- Contributing to the corporate records of the local legal entity.
- English or Scots Law Qualification as a Solicitor, Barrister or Advocate.
- Relevant experience.
- Strong case management skills.
- Ability to delicately solve sensitive matters.
- Knowledge of regulatory law and legal aspects of E&P business.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong analytical ability.
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills.
- Excellent legal drafting skills.
- Team player.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Highest standards of business ethics and integrity.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.