Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: San Ramon, California, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Finance/Accounting Analyst located in San Ramon, CA California/United States through September 15, 2019 at 11:59 (Eastern Standard Time).
Requisition ID # 405793
Chevron's Finance organization looks for career-minded individuals with technical and leadership potential. Assignments give employees exposure to Chevron's many business units in a variety of finance and accounting functional roles. Chevron utilizes numerous tools and systems to conduct accounting and finance activities including SAP, Microsoft Office 365 and digital technologies (i.e. data analytics, robotics). The company has a strong emphasis on continuous learning and development - enabling their employees to have successful and challenging careers.
At Chevron, we believe that you drive your career. The company rewards strong performance by providing accounting and finance professionals with advancement opportunities across the corporation.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Apply accounting principles and policies to properly record, maintain and report financial data associated with operational activities.
- Responsible for analysis of monthly, quarterly and annual financial and operating results.
- Prepare profit, cash flow, C&E and operating performance reporting for management teams.
- Review and assist in preparing financial forecasts, business plans and strategic updates.
- Provide policy guidance and analytical support to the business on accounting and finance topics.
- Perform market risk analytics and daily risk reporting for various products.
- Use various systems and technologies to enhance data analytics and reporting.
- Coordinate and participate in special projects.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Accounting, Finance or Business with a minimum of 12 Accounting credits.
- 2+ years of experience in the Finance or Accounting field.
- Practicing knowledge of Accounting policies and procedures including; US GAAP, general accounting, revenue recovery, inventory accounting, property accounting, fixed assets, tax accounting and affiliate accounting.
- Experience with accounting software (SAP) and Microsoft Office 365, including; intermediate and advanced Excel, PowerApps and Power BI.
- Aptitude to quickly learn new tools & system functionality.
- Ability to analyze financial information, uncover variance drivers, provide thoughtful and insightful analysis and recommend or determine a course of action.
- Ability to relate financial results to operational events and applicable business models.
- Strong commitment to maintaining collaborative and cross-functional working relationships with internal partners and external customers.
- Ability to handle multiple job responsibilities, set priorities, maintain a high level of accomplishment, and implement process improvements.
- Ability to handle and/or lead projects and influence others to achieve objectives.
- Ability to monitor progress and take corrective action if needed to ensure successful and timely delivery or objectives.
- Ability to listen carefully and to use clear, concise oral and written skills to convey facts, present positions and interpret policies.
- Ability to effectively interact with colleagues and management, providing clear, logical recommendations in a concise manner to stakeholders.
- Corporate Finance/Accounting, Public Accounting or Advisory experience.
- Experience with internal controls practices and compliance topics such as Sarbanes-Oxley testing.
- Experience in leveraging emerging technologies to enhance business processes.
- Relocation will not be considered.
- Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
- Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breast-feeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability (including medical condition), military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic information or other status protected by law or regulation.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.