Skills: Design Engineer, Drafting
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Morgan City, Louisiana, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The primary responsibility of this position is to develop detailed design drawings and related specifications of mechanical equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Analyze engineering sketches, specifications and related data and drawings to determine design factors such as size, shape and arrangement of parts.
- Use computer assisted design/drafting equipment and software to develop designs.
- Review customer specifications and other data to determine design factors.
- Ensure compliance with design specifications during production.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PeopleSoft, AutoCad and Solidworks
- Two plus years of related work experience
- Advanced education in drafting/design
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors .
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.