The Planner for Capital projects has a key role is the success of the project by planning and scheduling the work to be performed. The Planner is responsible of the planning and tracking of the work scope and ensuring the work can be completed in a safe and productive manor fulfilling the project objectives. The Planner reports to the Construction Manager. KEY REQUIREMENTS
- 5 years' experience industrial refinery work at a supervisor level. Preferred experience on capital projects.
- Proficient in the use of scheduling tools primavera, or MS Project.
- Excellent communication verbal and written.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Understanding a project's size, complexity, and risks in order to outline an appropriate execution strategy for the project.
- Effectively working cross-functionally across various functions to articulate and secure functional support for the project.
- Developing and presenting project status reports to senior management.
- Participate and provide input in project constructability reviews.
- Review and provide feedback on construction packages.
- Produce high level project schedules for projects in Stage 2 & 3.
- Reviews construction packages and has a full understanding of the project work scope.
- Coordination with operations to understand how to execution the project with the least impact to the refinery.
- Perform a takeoff from the construction package to quantify the work scope (man hours).
- Creates detailed execution schedule, and headcount plan. Ensuring maximum utilization of contractor's labor and equipment.
- Creates bid packages and sends them out to contractors of estimating.
- Reviews contractor estimates and provide input with the contractor selection process.
- Submits requisitions for contractor services.
- Performs takeoffs from the construction package to prepare Material Take Offs (MTO), and order the materials.
- Safety Plan input.
- Performs the planning and coordination with the business team for equipment readiness.
- Schedules and chairs a ‘Construction Kick Off meeting' for project and ongoing ‘project execution meetings'.
- Coordinates scheduling of resources, including creating work orders for scheduling Torrance Refining Company resources.
- Performs job walks, reviewing progress, talking with contractors understanding problems, progress, and improvements.
- Performs schedule updates and produces weekly project reports.
- Review project in depth to manage the project schedule and estimated cost.
- Produce project reports, schedule & cost performance, including forecasts.
- Coordinate and track RFI/FCOs, keep log up to date.
- Track / Coordinate punch list.
- Support PM with lessons learnt.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.