- The Control and Automation (C&A) Specialist's role is to provide direct technical support to all aspects of controls, automation, and safety instrumented systems in the Permian Field.
- Technical support could include:
- Definition of maintenance strategies (including spare parts strategies) and tasks
- Maintaining documentation (e.g. cause and effect tables, programming logic, control narratives, PLC I/O drawings, alarm management database, etc.)
- Defining, developing, and assuring the C&A competency of field technicians, production operators, and other Permian personnel
- Project support (e.g. design reviews, HAZOPs, SIL assessments, factory acceptance tests)
- Management of Change (MOC) initiation, review, and execution
- Advanced troubleshooting and root cause analysis of controls and instrumented safety systems
- Management of C&A contractors
- The C&A Specialist is the focal point for Alarm Management and Safety Instrumented Systems processes, which are part of the Asset Management System (AMS) elements Ensure Safe Production (ESP) and Manage Equipment Care (MEC), respectively.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals. As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.Requirements
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- 10+ years of relevant experience, preferably in onshore oil and gas production.
- Skill in operating and maintaining safety instrumented systems, control systems, and communication networks.
- Knowledge of Controls & Automation documentation and work process (e.g. MOC, alarm management, MEC, etc.) requirements.
- Ability to work effectively with technical, operations, and maintenance personnel.
- Skill in root cause analysis, preferably including causal learning techniques.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.