Early Career Program: Engineering & Technology Specialist (USA) - 2020 Opportunities
Baker Hughes is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, Baker Hughes harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
Baker Hughes helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. The company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company's global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup - inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.Role Summary:
Whether collaborating with customers to develop break-through technology, solving business challenges, leading at a wellsite, or working on digital analytics, we want you to be a part of Baker Hughes innovation!
The Engineering & Technology Non-Rotational program is for early career, highly motivated engineering talent-people with a passion for technology and innovation, a drive to deliver technical excellence and develop their leadership skills. The program is designed to accelerate participants' professional development through intense technical training and a variety of business-critical assignments. Program graduates have the technical and business foundation to proactively and continually make innovative contributions to Baker Hughes future.Essential Responsibilities:
- Work in a role of progressive responsibility within the engineering organization-supporting various projects and technologies for one of Baker Hughes Product Companies.
- Complete required product training to gain critical knowledge and competencies needed to support that business.
- Complete formal training in engineering fundamentals essential to the Baker Hughes Engineers and technical topics relevant for the business
- Contribute to business outcomes
- Network globally and cross-functionally, lead program initiatives or projects with peers; interact with global business leaders
- Solve critical business challenges
- BS or MS degree in engineering from an accredited university
- Basic understanding of engineering and/or manufacturing fundamentals
- A GPA greater than or equal to 3.0/4.0 or equivalent
- Fluency in English (oral and written)
- Geographically mobile (locations vary)
- Maximum three years' experience post Bachelor's or Master's degree
- Legal right to work in the country in which you have applied without company sponsorship or time restriction
- Prior internship experience in engineering or technology
- Demonstrates effective written and oral communication, integrity, critical thinking/analytical skills, agility/flexibility, a continuous learning mindset, accountability, teamwork and collaboration, strong interpersonal and leadership skills, drive for results, and initiative.
United States - Various
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more