Skills: Purchasing, Supply Chain Management
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Clamart, Île-de-France, France
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
As part of the Procurement & Sourcing team within the Supply Chain organization, the Sourcing & Supplier Leader will be responsible for understanding internal customers' needs, identifying and qualifying the best-match suppliers, managing the suppliers' relationship.
Essential responsabilities and duties:
- Implements sourcing plans with the goal of assuring specified quality, required delivery times and minimizing the total cost of the products and services.
- Selects a high-performance supply base for assigned portfolio, in accordance with short-list of preferred suppliers defined by Category Managers.
- Conducts RFI/Q/P (Request for Information/Quotation/information/Proposal) and bidding processes, minimizing risk and maximizing value in terms of quality, delivery and cost.
- Conducts Make vs Buy analysis.
- Evaluates current and prospective suppliers through supplier reviews, site visits and audits, in coordination with Supplier Quality teams, to assure supply capabilities, on-time delivery, quality and service.
- Negotiates prices and terms with suppliers in order to meet specified quality, delivery and cost objectives.
- Executes contract negotiation and development in coordination with Sourcing Manager and Contract Specialists.
- Drives the parts and process qualification, in coordination with Supplier Quality teams.
- Works closely with Sourcing Manager or Sourcing Leader to guarantee supply for all portfolios.
- Effectively communicates with and maintains the highest degree of relations between the Company and all levels of supplier personnel.
- Based on her/his technical background, builds strong relationships with internal customers in order to meet defined objectives.
- Supplier Leader:
- Sets performance objectives with assigned suppliers (cost reduction, lead time reduction, Quality improvement).
- Defines baseline, improvement targets and monitors progress through a regularly updated supplier scorecard.
- Prepares and leads regular management reviews (Scorecards with main performance indicators, strategic positioning evaluation, 3-year business perspectives, and strategic product/market developments).
- Reviews and consolidates internal demand provided by the Centers and arbitrates issues.
- Prepares for and manages negotiations in accordance with Group interests.
- Leads the supplier risk assessment and ensures regular updates.
- Communicates the supplier's strategy and all key events of the relationship to the Category, Sourcing, Supplier Quality teams, and Center Supply Chain Managers.
- Participates to internal and supplier audits under supervision of the Supply Chain Center Manager.
- Engineering Master.
- A major / Specialized Master in Supply Chain will be appreciated.
- High collaboration with other department.
- Negotiation and Communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of internal & external customers.
- Understanding of market dynamics and sound business judgement.
- Project Management skills.
- Ability to prioritize projects, time management and organizational skills to make decisions.
- Problem solving and Analytical skills to make decisions regarding creative sourcing and product knowledge capabilities necessary to support customer's projects and needs.
- Strong skill in use of Microsoft Office.
- Language: Fluent English (written and spoken), French (written and spoken).
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.