Skills: IT - Software Development
Location: Clamart, Île-de-France, France
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
The Software Engineer is responsible for designing and developing advanced software solutions aiming to deliver customer-centric applications. These solutions ambition to revolutionize the monitoring of the well construction process by leveraging cloud and edge technologies.
You will contribute in the design, specification, implementation, test, and maintenance of industry-leading analytics software solutions and methodologies. We are looking for talented individuals with a serious commitment to software development and strong interest in latest technologies in machine learning and real-time simulation.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Design, develop and maintain smart algorithms targeting cloud and edge environment
- Apply software development practices and standards
- Bring research ideasto optimize and enhance computational efficiency of algorithms and software design
- Maintain an active role in every part of the software development life cycle, participate in requirements, design and code reviews
- Create and maintain algorithm/workflow documentation
- Work closely with the engineering groups to share software design and solutions ideas and expand network
- Bachelor's, Master's or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- Fluent in English is a pre-requisite
- Experience in developing and debugging in C# (C++, Python as a plus)
- Knowledge of parallel computing architecture
- Knowledge of VSTS or similar tool and agile working methodology
- Understanding of software development fundamentals like performance, scalability and security
- Knowledge of DevSecOps practices
- Experience of developing microservices and/or RESTfull APIs is a plus
- Experience in cloud Azure environment is a plus
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.