Skills: Commercial Management
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Turriff, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
Job Title: Commercial Coordinator
Purpose of Position:
Reporting to the Technical Proposals Lead and working alongside the Commercial teams (Sales, Proposals, Contracts & Marketing). You will support new business opportunities with commercial analysis, business strategy planning, pricing models, identify/drive departmental improvements, and support tender preparation. An additional key part of the role will be to develop the product specification sheets and catalogue.
Qualification and Skills required:
- Degree qualified in business discipline and/or relevant experience in business or similar role.
- Technical background preferable but not necessary.
- Demonstrates excellent commercial acumen.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strategic thinking and ability to work under pressure.
- Demonstrate a level of knowledge of commercial models
- Experience with tendering process.
- Experience of proposals management.
- Experience is departmental improvements for increased efficiency.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written communication skills.
- Oil and gas industry experience.
- Good IT skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Good presentation skills.
- Self-motivated, able to use own initiative.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- At all times, demonstrates appropriate safety behaviours and maximise efforts by adopting the systems available to ensure zero accidents/incidents
- Through clear understanding, be integral to the delivery of the HSEQ strategy
- Through clear understanding, be integral to the delivery of the business Financial strategy
- Through clear understanding, be integral to the delivery of the HR and company strategy
- Comply with company's integrated Management System procedures and manage continuous improvements
- At all times, seek to improve on the quality and output of all aspects of work
- Information presented must be accurate and timely for frequent presentation to senior management
- Proactively support and participate in meetings as requested and document key points.
- Drive the catalogue project for completion in conjunction with Marketing department. This includes sourcing of any missing information from other areas of the business for completeness.
- Assist with the preparation of commercial and technical proposals, for example quotations, specifications, datasheets, reports etc, when required.
- Maintain internal pricelists of sub-components for budgeting purposes
- Link with IT for any changes to C-Sam/PowerBI reporting tools with the aim of improved efficiency of the department and visibility to management of system data.
- Management of third-party equipment available for Sale/Rental register
- Energy Industries Council (EIC) monitoring/reporting and providing leads to the Sales team
- Tracking of key projects (through EIC and other information sources)
- Generating new leads through research of unknown opportunities in each region
- Any ad-hoc investigation for further information relating to projects
- Regular updating of specialist equipment planner Gantt chart in Microsoft Projects
- Ad-hoc market intelligence and research for evaluation of strategic opportunities
- Create/maintain internal pricelists of equipment
- Create/maintain internal pricelists for various personnel disciplines
- Create a mobilization pricelist for various pieces of equipment to allow proposals team to accurately cost jobs
- Proactively support proposals team in the analysis and production of the commercial proposals.
- Proactively assist in building and accurate commercial models to support the proposal production process.
- Proactively monitor and assess market conditions and provide recommendations for potential opportunities and improvements for company in key markets.
- In conjunction with commercial team proactively promote company to external stakeholders and maintain good relationships.
- Provide administrative support to the department when required.
- Carry out work according to Departmental priorities.
- Undertake any other duties as required.
- Identify training needs and submit the Training Request Forms.
- In conjunction with line manager, proactively identify training and development needs.
- Engage and maintain a working knowledge of the business, business activities.
- Monitor major account and contract client activity and where there is identified potential for an increase in business.
- Prepare and maintain relevant data/information in support of business development opportunities and the commercial tendering process.
- Support the proposals team in the production of proposal documents and in preparation of departmental reporting.
- Monitor major account and contract client activity.
- Attend and participate in departmental and project meetings where applicable.
- Demonstrate and encourage correct safety behaviours - leading by example;
- Stop the Job whenever an unsafe act is witnessed;
- Raise HSEQ reports as required;
- Assist with close out Q pulse actions in a timely manner;
- Liaise with Safety Representative as and when required
- Raise OAR cards in a positive manner to encourage a safe environment for all
- Delivery of HSEQ action plans
- Undertake and feedback audits as required
- Proactively support all teams and colleagues with monitoring of departmental budgets, proposals and projects and work to resolve issues.
- Actively investigate ways to reduce internal costs through increased departmental efficiency
Compliance of Management Systems
- Check, revise and validate documentation as required.
- Completion of departmental audits and spot checks as and when required.
- Review and update departmental processes relevant to own role.
- Proactively monitor commercial and contractual risk and work to mitigate and minimise potential impact on organisation.
- Ensure reporting requirements fulfil statutory and company requirements
- Provide support to wider business as necessary. Includes involvement with ad-hoc assignments.
- Ensure electronic & hard copy documentation are stored effectively and concisely.
- Within sphere of work anticipate and resolve any issues and provide solutions on a daily basis.
- Ensure reporting requirements fulfil statutory and company requirements.
- Provide support to wider business as necessary.
- Apply HR policies & procedures where necessary
- Get advice from HR as and when required
- Ensure the efficient use of department resources
Established in 1981 in Aberdeen, Carlton Resource Solutions (Carlton) is a recognised local, national and international recruitment solutions provider. At Carlton we understand the importance of values such as honesty, integrity, candour and professionalism and believe that because of this our customer service is second to none.
Yes, we have an extensive candidate database with candidates across the globe.
Yes we have consultants who will be happy to discuss your needs – but as far as we are concerned, by far the most important thing is not just that we are knowledgeable and proficient in what we do, but that, above all, you can trust us to do exactly what we say; provide the individual service you require, and deliver it in a professional and courteous manner.