Skills: Design Engineer, Drafting
Other Skills: 3D modelling
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Inverurie, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
Job Title: Design Draughtsperson
Job Purpose: As a Draftsperson you will be responsible for producing detailed 3D models and complete 2D drawing packages suitable for manufacturing and assembly. Initially assist in creating part numbers with correct description as per company standards for entering in ERP system and at later stage take ownership of this activity.
Internal Relationships: Lead Draughtsperson
Along with: Trainee Draftsperson, Design Draftsperson, Graduate Engineers, Design Engineers, Lead Design Engineers, Engineering Office Coordinator/ Administrator
Indirectly Reports to: Design Team Leader
• Development of General Arrangement drawings, assembly drawings, manufacturing drawings, Bill of Materials, Proposal drawings for all types of STATS products.
• To help in the preparation and maintenance of Design Documentation packages for technical records and submission to verification bodies for approvals.
• Ensuring drawings are produced to meet project requirements, meeting deadlines and ensuring quality.
• Effective interfacing with design engineers and project engineers.
• Create new part numbers for bought in items as per company standards and assist in documenting them in ERP system.
Individual Quality and Safety Responsibilities:
• To comply with STATS and Client quality, safety and environmental management systems and procedures at all times.
• Ensure all accidents/incidents/near misses/hazards are immediately reported and relevant paper work is completed.
Internal Training Requirements:
• Manual Handling
• COSHH Awareness
• Near Miss Training
• Environmental Awareness
• Bribery and Corruption
• Internal Training Courses
Experience / Competence / Skills / Knowledge
• Competence in 3D modelling and generating production drawings from models, Autodesk Inventor preferred although training can be provided.
• Ability to update existing calculations to suit new sizes in a product range.
• Highly motivated, enthusiastic, team player, but be able to work on own initiative.
• Ability to prioritise and manage workload.
• Excellent organisational skills
Established in 1981 in Aberdeen, Carlton Resource Solutions (Carlton) is a recognised local, national and international recruitment solutions provider. At Carlton we understand the importance of values such as honesty, integrity, candour and professionalism and believe that because of this our customer service is second to none.
Yes, we have an extensive candidate database with candidates across the globe.
Yes we have consultants who will be happy to discuss your needs – but as far as we are concerned, by far the most important thing is not just that we are knowledgeable and proficient in what we do, but that, above all, you can trust us to do exactly what we say; provide the individual service you require, and deliver it in a professional and courteous manner.