Experience: 12 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Sitra, Central Governorate, Bahrain
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oversee the material management function and maintain interface with IPMT Procurement Team, EPC Contractor and Base Business Requirements to ensure that the procurement risks related to quality, schedule, safety and technical compliance are addressed in accordance with the BMP and BAPCO's requirements and that mitigation factors are implemented from Pre-qualification requirements for new vendors, post order and material management up to the plant acceptance and supervision of Defects Management during the warranty period.
Key Result Areas:
- Manage the Integrated Project Management Team (IPMT) in-Bahrain team of Procurement Coordinators for Tagged and Untagged (Bulk) items and Traffic & Logistics Supervisor for the efficient material management as per project requirements.
- Support overseas Procurement Manager as the IPMT in-Bahrain procurement focal point of contact and the focal point for IPMT Construction/Heavy Lift Managers.
- Provide support BAPCO's Supply Chain Coordinator with BAPCO's procurement contracts and material management after Purchase Order Placement, etc.
- Supervise monitoring, analysing and recommending action from the Contractor and Freight Forwarder Status Reports.
- Work with IPMT Procurement Manager (Overseas) in analysing EPC's procurement performance in terms of Quality, Schedule, Safety and technical compliance and in updating Procurement Status and progress with identifying areas of concerns.
- Propose mitigation measures to Procurement Manager (Overseas) to minimize Owner's risk from a procurement standpoint.
- Assist QA/QC Manager and Procurement Manager (Overseas) respectively on the execution of Contractor's vendor Inspection & Expediting Plan and ensures Contractor's compliance with potential additional Owner requirements in accordance with approved surveillance levels.
- Supervise defects management and governance after risk transfer point 2022 during the 2 years warranty up to 2024.
- Document Procurement actions/activities that are contractually required .Assist Procurement Manager in reviewing and documenting Supplier performance records from EPC into Owner's database.
- Assist IPMT with coordination of pre-qualification requirements for new vendors in respect of base business engineering procurement and maintenance interfaces and with the procurement board when necessary.
Knowledge Skills and Experience:
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or equivalent.
- A Master's degree or an advanced degree in Business Administration or Project Management is desirable.
- Minimum twelve (12) years relevant experience in the oil/gas industry including minimum of ten (10) years of senior procurement management experience in material control, purchasing, expediting and traffic and logistics for major oil/gas projects.
- Experienced in procurement management with EPC Contractor and PMC/Owner focus emphasizing on procurement risk management including project transition to base business and readiness up to defects management during the warranty period.
- EPC/PMC Procurement experience from a renowned Contractor is mandatory, additional Owner experience is beneficial.
- Large scale (more than US$ 1bn) project procurement experience in the oil and gas business is mandatory.
- Specific experience in Middle East for renowned clients will be an advantage.
- Strong networking and facilitation skills.
- Strong communication skill, interpersonal and customer facing skills.
- Proven ability to multi-task and communicate with a wide cross-section of internal and external customers/stakeholders.
- Ability to make informed and effective decisions.