Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- B.Sc. in Engineering
- 3 years overall experience in similar field of Projects in Oil & Gas Industries
- Good command of business written, reporting and spoken English, Communication skills.
- Team work oriented.
- Very organized with systematic work approach.
- Familiar with expediting concept, practice, and procedures.
- Able to effectively utilize a personal computer in day to day work, and utilize software programs such as Word, Excel, Outlook, online system and similar programs.
Jobs at this level serve as member of expediting team, as such the project expeditor provides routine expediting or administrative tasks. The Organization will depend on his person's follows procedures. The Project expeditor generally is responsible for operates under supervision.
- Carry our desk expediting for bulk material and non-critical material with enough schedule float.
- Issue EXPEDITING first contact.
- Perform routine tasks associated with the day-to-day follow-up.
- Obtain from VENDOR(S) a comprehensive schedule to allow the EXPEDITING to gauge the progress of an order
- Confirm with VENDOR(S) their understanding of purchase order requirements & the method and milestones for progress verifications.
- Check at appropriate times to verify that scheduled activities actually take place.
- Contact VENDOR(S) for follow-up of engineering data submission, materials acquisition, progress and any deliveries advice / status.
- Expedite NPCC Engineering to release missing or incomplete information to VENDOR (S).
- Evaluate and analyse VENDOR'S fabrication schedule and progress.
- Exercise all efforts and resources necessary to achieve all EXPEDITING objectives on the assigned project for delivery improvement
- Maintain close contact with assigned Inspection Coordinator to determine the effect of quality issue on VENDOR'S schedules.
- Liaise with other project procurement staff, project document controller and scheduler as demand necessary.
- Verify that contact has been made between the VENDOR and the Inspection Coordinator to request the presence of an inspector to attend inspection as per inspection notification.
- Advise his manager on any unusual or potential critical deliveries.
- Expedite the inputs, prepare, update and regularly issue the Equipment / Materials Status Report periodically as required by the project procedure.
- Assist the Inspection Coordinator by motivating the VENDOR to correct quality discrepancies as quickly as possible.
- Obtain initial tracing information on assigned Orders as each shipment is made.
- Attend training and to develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills.
- Protest in all schedule delays.
- Follow the HSE procedures & policy.
- Follow up on O, S & D (Overage, Shortage & Damaged materials)
- Issue Liquidated Damage report (if applicable).
- Maintains electronic working file of expediting related documents and memoranda of conversations to record expediting activities. Maintains a system to initiate follow-up actions at appropriate times.
- Able to effectively utilize a personal computer in day to day work, and to utilize software programs such as Word, Excel, Outlook, online system and similar programs
- Full awareness of the requirements of the quality and environmental management systems and the applicable environmental laws, regulations, codes standards and other requirements.
- Obtain copies of supplier's orders for material, performs sub-supplier expediting, where necessary, and work closely with Supplier Quality representatives to ensure awareness of materials being inspected and their locations of manufacture.
- Review material receiving reports against shipping documents to verify that material has been received at jobsite. Assist in tracing missing material.
- Upon completion of an assignment the project Expeditor will issue an EXPEDITING report marked (final).