Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Supported by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company positions minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying innovations from other industries to progress its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we devote investment in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but essential to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com. Role Summary:
The Integrated Well Services (IWS) Well Engineer will take the ownership of delivering well design, technical requirements and operational plans to accomplish both BHGE and customer's technical and financial goals. The well engineer drives close engagement with service delivery, HSE, finance, commercial and sales, and other BHGE product lines.
They will be accountable for functional, business, and broad company objective. In this role, they will be involved in the planning and execution of IWS projects. Essential Responsibilities:
- Ensure all engineering activities are in line with HSE policies and procedures, and drive HSE culture by setting example through safe work practices.
- Conduct business according to BHGE Culture Pillars
- Participate in tender bid preparation process for well engineering input.
- Deliver customer presentations & manage meetings (may include travel to other locations).
- Preparation of well design, well plan and operational procedures for construction, completion, intervention and/or abandonment of wells in area of responsibility.
- Define technical rig requirements.
- Define technical services and third party requirements.
- Prepare operational time and well cost estimates.
- In collaboration with internal and external parties, prepare risk register and contingency plans.
- Prepare, participate and lead peer reviews, peer assists and other quality assurance activities related to the project.
- Monitor daily progress of job(s) or project(s) and monitor operations expenditure
- Provide engineering recommendations and advice to the project team.
- Evaluate and implement best practices and technological advancements to IWS operations.
- Communicate effectively with well site/project stakeholders as needed, and make recommendations to drive flawless service delivery and operational excellence.
- Ensure that pre-defined technical and operations KPIs are monitored and benchmarked against offset well data and pre-defined well targets.
- Participate, manage and ensure Root Cause Analysis investigation are completed and lessons learned are recorded and shared within the team.
- Prepare, review and deliver all technical reports related to the project including End of Well Report, after action reviews, lessons learned summary.
- Comply with data management according to IWS procedures.
- Participate and contribute in project and CoE team meetings and strategy discussions.
- Keep abreast of technological and engineering process advancements through affiliation with professional societies and participation in networks, workshops, seminars and training courses.
- Ensure that engineering and operational achievements and challenges are captured through case histories, lessons learned or papers, and shared with the global team.
- Mentor and coach engineering team members.
- May manage an engineering
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Petroleum Engineering or Mechanical/Chemical Engineering with MS in Petroleum/Oil & Gas or Well Engineering.
- 8+ years of relevant work experience in well construction, completions, intervention and/or optimization. Competences should include drill bits/mills, BHA design, engineering simulations, field operations, preparation of programs, or similar.
- Experience working in at least two relevant applications: conventional rotary drilling, horizontal and/or multilateral wells, pad drilling, unconventional, coiled tubing drilling, underbalance or managed pressure drilling.
- Well control knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work well with colleagues across all businesses/cultures, achieve goals through effective influencing, and establish credibility with senior managers.
- Excellent analytics and problem-solving, including ability to form hypotheses and move forward in the absence of complete information.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills, including ability to synthesize complex topics into clear and simple messages.
- MS office suite, power BI or other analytical tools, well engineering and design software (for example: hydraulics, torque and drag, casing/tubing design)
- Previous relevant experience working in integrated projects or for an operator.
- Exposure to specific applications: Offshore operations (shallow and deep water), subsea and surface wellheads.
- Record of accomplishment of continuous improvement and optimization of designs and operations.
- Geo-mechanics knowledge
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more