Company: Targa Resources Inc
Skills: Maintenance Technician
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Midkiff, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Basic knowledge of Natural Gas Characteristics, Engine & Compressor Operations and Maintenance.
· Responsible for operation, installation, diagnosis, troubleshooting, repair, preventive maintenance and overall proper function of all types of mechanical equipment which is limited but not included to: Engines, Compressors, Pumps, Valves, Turbines, Heat exchangers, Cooling towers, air coolers , filtration equipment, pressure relief devices, and other specialty items.
· Learn to fill out applicable work/hot work permits, lockout/tagout documentation, attend and participate in tailgate sessions with others involved in work site activities.
· Learn and understand Targa's Safety Policies and Procedures and Business Ethics Policies. Plan and perform all assignments in a safe manner by utilizing the proper tools, safety and environmental precautions, permitting, and Process Safety Management.
· Have a basic knowledge of ones work and how it will affect other co-workers in the plant and field operations.
· Must be proficient in the use of tools including; hydraulic torque wrenches, laser alignment, dial indicators, micrometers and other precision tools.
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
· Minimum of 2 years of related work experience.
· Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent
· Possess and maintain a valid driver's license to include a safe driving record satisfactory to the company.
· Interpersonal communication skills are required in order to interface with all affected teams, personnel, and vendors.
· Strong work ethic with demonstrated ability to effectively work with minimum supervision
· Solid computer skills to include Microsoft Office Software
· Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays, with the ability to respond to call outs as needed to fulfill business objective and the ability to work shifts for plant or field conditions.
· Ability to lift, push, and pull at least a minimum of 50lbs.
· Ability to work in changing climate conditions.
· Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
· Follow and adhere to all applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines (ex: eye protection, footwear, Nomex).
· Regular and reliable attendance
· Experience in maintenance and operations of gas compressors with engine drivers, glycol dehydrators and Gas plant processing.
· Associates degree in Mechanical Maintenance technology from an accredited technical school.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Targa Resources is an equal opportunity workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation if requested for disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.