Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com. Role Summary:
Development of software for products to inspect and monitor offshore flexible pipes.Essential Responsibilities:
Delivering a key role in the newly created Services Group of BHGE's Flexible Pipe business, you will be responsible for the development and maintenance of software to operate and control products used to control hardware and manage, analyse and present measured data . Working as part of a small team, the role will involve defining and managing the tasks required to deliver new applications and to support and develop existing applications. This will include managing the work of other software engineers based both locally and remotely although a significant proportion of your time will be spent on hands on software development.
The software design tasks are diverse, including the development of device level drivers, hardware control applications, data handling, database design, coding of physics models and GUI development. The role requires a natural curiosity for solving problems and a creative, analytical and logical mind. The role involves working closely with the other members of a small multi-disciplinary team (including physicists, electronic engineers & mechanical engineers) in a constantly evolving project based environment.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Developing and maintaining software applications for offshore inspection and monitoring products and for experimental and test equipment.
- Ensuring that the product designs deliver results reliably, meet customer requirements and can be easily maintained.
- Managing the software development function within a quality controlled environment.
- Contributing to the development of new inspection methods and products.
- Providing support related to FPS IM software to engineering teams and to experimental programmes and product trials.
- Identifying and overseeing the implementation of new software methodologies, tools and training.
- Degree or equivalent in Engineering, science
- Significant years of experience in design, coding, testing and maintenance of software in an industrial/commercial environment
- Demonstrable ability to apply Object Oriented Design principles and ideally experience in C++
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Physics or Maths
- Experience of working and developing in both Windows and Linux environments
- Familiarity with cyber security issues and best practices for production of secure code
- Experience of managing staff and projects, including the writing of specifications and test plans
- Desire to work in a small, multi-disciplinary physics/engineering based team
- Abingdon, Oxfordshire, UK
: CompetitivePosting expires
: 30th September 2019
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more