Targa has in immediate opportunity for an Environmental Specialist located at the Mont Belvieu Complex in Mont Belvieu, Texas with additional responsibilities at the nearby Galena Park Terminal. This position will assist operations in achieving Targa's goals with respect to environmental compliance in our operations. A proven ability to solve problems, learn new material, adapt to change and be an effective communicator are key traits to success in this position. JOB FUNCTIONS AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL QUALIFACTIONS:
- Assist management, operations, and project/maintenance teams as required to assure compliance with federal, state, local and corporate rules and regulations pertaining to operational environmental aspects and impacts.
- Assist with organizing, planning, implementing, and auditing the environmental programs and policies for the operation, ensuring compliance as required by regulatory agencies and corporate policy.
- Ensure compliance with Title V operating permits and New Source Review (NSR) permits, including the preparation of semiannual deviation reports and annual compliance certifications.
- Ensure compliance with site water and wastewater permits, including the oversight of sample collection, the labs used for analysis, the preparation and submission of DMR data, management of required written plans, and the reporting of noncompliance.
- Assist with waste and remediation activities, ensuring regulatory compliance, including the waste management plans, shipments, manifests, and regulatory reporting.
- Assist with the review of MOC's for environmental impacts, including NSR compliance, and documenting necessary information to the file or helping to initiate the permitting process when required.
- Ensure compliance with SPCC requirements and assist with spill response and remediation activities, as needed, including the facilitation of required reporting to applicable parties, including the NRC, TCEQ, and/or RRC.
- Ensure compliance, gather data and facilitate reporting as required under numerous applicable regulations, including but not limited to CERCLA, EPCRA, SARA and State Superfund programs.
- Ensure compliance with corporate policies, including but not limited to reporting releases to all applicable agencies and internal personnel.
- Act as the point of contact for both regulatory agencies and operations on required reports, payments, inspections, and other applicable regulatory requirements.
- Assist with compliance audits, as needed, and assist in facilitating resolution of action items from findings of reviews, inspections, and incident investigations.
- Maintain a working knowledge of existing and proposed regulations that affect the facility.
- Communicate regular updates on ES&H releases, permit deviations, and enforcement status to Environmental Supervisor for Operations management meetings.
- Assist in implementing and maintaining an effective filing system for all operational data to ensure compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Ability to learn and comprehend the operating principles of petroleum terminal operations and natural gas processing facilities.
- Regular and reliable attendance is required.
- B.S. in Environmental Science, Engineering or related science.
- Legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than your current employer.
- Maintain a valid driver's license and a safe driving record satisfactory to the company.
- The ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- The ability to work within a collaborative team environment, with demonstrated personal drive and initiative to achieve goals.
- Interpersonal communication skills are required to interface will all affected teams, personnel, and vendors.
- An organized and detail-oriented self-starter with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to work self-sufficiently given direction and resources.
- Ability to think critically, solve problems independently and exercise judgement and common sense.
- Strong work ethic with demonstrated ability to effectively work with minimum supervision.
- Intermediate level desktop computer skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel away overnight periodically, as needed, for training or company events.
- 3+ years of experience in the oil and gas or petrochemical industry.
- Direct experience in consulting or related industry.
- Knowledge of the rules and regulations of the various federal and state agencies having jurisdiction over the Targa facilities.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
- Ability to lift, push, and pull 50 pounds.
- Ability to work in changing climate conditions and a plant environment.
- Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
- Follow and adhere to all applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines (ex: eye protections, footwear, Nomex).
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, handle or feel, and reach with hands or arms.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Targa Resources is an equal opportunity workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation if requested for disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.