Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company's global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup - inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com. Role Summary:
In June 2018 Equinor announced the award of its largest drilling and well services contract ever. Baker Hughes, a GE Company (BHGE) secured a large scope in the award and will be the main drilling and well services provider for the eight rigs developing Troll, Oseberg and Grane - three of the most prolific and active fields in the Norwegian Continental Shelf. This unique contract calls for ground breaking ways of working, fully integrated as One Team, currently comprising Equinor, drilling contractor and BHGE.
The tool specialist position is a new job function created to help realize Equinor's re-manning objectives and pick-up the hands-on, "non-remote transferable" tasks, in addition to covering additional cross-product tasks which allow other synergies and streamlining to take place.Essential Responsibilities:
The tool specialist shall as a minimum:
• Be responsible for all tool handling
• Be responsible for maintenance of the gas monitoring equipment and data acquisition system
• Maintain all sensors owned by BHGE
• Be responsible for BHA component handling including whip stock
• Be certified and responsible for handling radioactive sources
• Be inventory responsible for service equipment onboard
• Assist in logistics and order equipment as requiredQualifications/Requirements:
- Motivated for a new role and change.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proven problem solving skills.
- Good knowledge of the drilling services tools and surface equipment
- Willing to work with radioactive sources.
- Good knowledge of Equinor operations "best practices".
- Broad knowledge of different product lines is preferred
- Ability to think on your feet and accept the accountability of yours and your management's decisions.
- Able to work offshore
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more