Skills: IT - Programming & Database
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Role Summary:The Data Engineering team helps solve our customers' toughest challenges and makes Oil & Gas production safer for people and the environment by leveraging Data and Analytics. The Data Engineers work with the D&A product teams to create state-of-the-art solutions, working across BHGE to drive business analytics while leveraging big data tools and technologies
Essential Responsibilities:• Understand requirements through discussions with business stakeholders and users across the globe, and translate them into data requirements
• Perform source data mapping and modelling aligned with the D&A product strategy
• Perform integration of multiple data source-formats into master dataload for on-premise or cloud platforms
• Perform a variety of data transformations to support BI and analytics initiatives
• Develop dashboards on TableauQualifications/Requirements:• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent (STEM)
• A minimum of 4 years of Database/Data Warehouse, SQL (Oracle, Terradata, Greenplum, Hive etc.) experience is required
• A minimum of 2 years of Tableau visualization development experience is required
• Experience on new D&A application development and existing application optimization is required (data source identification, mapping, ingestion, modelling and transformation for analytical consumption purposes)
Desired Characteristics:• Exposure to Scripting (Pig, Python, Perl, etc.) experience
• Exposure to AWS native database technologies and Graph databases
• Exposure to Qlik, Sisense and other visualization technologies
• Translates analytics problems into data requirements.
• Understands logical and physical data models, big data storage architecture, data modeling methodologies, metadata management, master data management, data lineage & data profiling.
• Understands the technology landscape, up to date on current technology trends and new technology, brings new ideas to the team.
• Demonstrated awareness of how to function in a team setting
• Distills information down to key points.
• Expresses the information clearly and concisely. Projects knowledge of relevant data.
• Demonstrated awareness of how to leverage curiosity and creativity to drive business impact
• Asks follow-up questions when presented with new data/projects. Sees the broader implications of an idea.
• Presents new ideas and concepts. Makes connections among previously unrelated ideas
• Deep passion for learning
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more