Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Quality Assurance Manager will provide support to the Houston Quality Manager, manufacturing and service business units by monitoring Oceaneering's Quality Management System (QMS) & related tools/processes, as well as identify, measure and improve Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) such as Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ) and on time delivery (OTD). This position has supervisory responsibilities over the Houston Quality Engineers and reports to the Houston Quality Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages and mentors a team of Quality Engineers by integrating, aligning and adjusting resources based upon the critical needs of the organization and multiple business units.
- Develops a common understanding regarding the processes that are business unit specific vs. the processes and systems that can be provided from the shared services organization.
- Develops standards and reviews Quality Deliverables, such as Quality Plans, Inspection Test Plans, Incident Investigations, and Internal Audit Plans.
- Develops, maintains, and trends business and operational KPIs (COPQ, OTD, Service Level Agreement KPIs, etc) to define, facilitate, plan resources, implement, and validate continuous improvement and Operational Excellence (OE) projects. Links project metrics to strategic operational objectives.
- Defines/identifies, records, tracks, maintains, and validates Non conformances, corrective actions, internal audit program, & risk mitigation plans.
- Ensures requirements that are Critical to Quality (CTQ's) and Critical to Process (CTP's) are defined, understood and aligned with current capabilities, managed to ensure conformance, and clearly identified in the business processes.
- Works with line management to develop an understanding and proper use of adequate risk assessment, root cause analysis, non-conformance, corrective action, and COPQ collection and reduction tools.
- Collaborates with line management to identify common activities between business units and develops processes which can drive efficiency and across OII and alignment with the corporate QMS.
- Ensures the independent asset, product, and component inspection function is in accordance with industry standards, regulatory statutes, and customer requirements.
- Set up, maintain, and revise the internal & external customer feedback collection process, as necessary.
- Identifies competency needs for quality engineering positions, coaches, mentors and establishes development plans in order to ensure effective performance and achievement of business objectives.
- Assists in the preparation of budget and performance reports for senior management.
- Coaches and mentors in use of root cause analysis and appropriate analytical tools.
- Facilitates/supports external audits for site certifications verify and distributing work to BU as necessary.
- Develops, maintains, ensures implementation and evaluates conformance to inspection and testing plans (ITPs), Incoming Quality Control plan (IQCPs), and quality plans.
- Facilitates and provides appropriate supporting data for management reviews at local business units.
- Supports the organization's drive towards excellence in Health and Safety performance.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, preferably in Mechanical or Electrical or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of five years' experience in Quality Engineering/Continuous Improvement role.
- Minimum of three years working with an ISO 9001 QMS.
- Minimum one year experience leading continuous improvement projects.
- Experience working in an environment such as oil & gas products, automotive, medical device is preferred.
- Certified Lead Auditor.
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt certified.
- Facilitation training.
- Previous leadership experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.