Skills: Financial Analyst
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Convent, Louisiana, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Finance Advisor position applying finance, accounting, and commercial acumen to support business teams in delivering on operational and financial commitments. Responsible for leading and coordinating business planning and target setting in line with Shell business strategy, as well as leading business performance discussions. Finance Advisor will also work closely with business teams to utilize internal and external data to continuously identify opportunities to improve competitive results. The Finance Advisor will also focus on delivering value through an integrated supply chain. Finance Advisor will work closely with Shell's global finance/accounting teams in Chennai and Manila to provide complete and efficient financial support to the business, which will require leadership skills despite not being a formal team leader.
This is an entry level position, with likely first assignment at a manufacturing site supporting a refinery or chemical business. Site experience provides a great opportunity to learn one of Shell's core businesses, apply financial skills to help that business succeed, and gain experience which will translate to a versatile and rewarding career within Shell. It is intended to be a jump-off point for a diverse and mobile career within Shell Finance, hence applicants should be willing to relocate, at least within the U.S.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals. As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelor's Degree required. Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration preferred.
- Minimum three (3) years' relevant work experience.
- Strong commercial acumen and communication skills; ability to relay financial information and concepts to people with different backgrounds.
- Experience with preparation of business plans.
- Commercial curiosity to fully understand the business and explore value opportunities.
- Ability to be a strong leader and work effectively in a multi-dimensional and diverse team.
- Experience participating in cross-functional initiatives or projects while continuing to manage core workload.
- Ability to devise and implement process improvements.
- Sound understanding of basic accounting and financial reporting principles.
- Strong problem-solving skills; proactive in resolving issues.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products, SAP.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video