Skills: Manufacturing Engineering
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Panama City, Florida, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
This job directly supports the safe and efficient production of control umbilicals at the Panama City facility.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Under direct supervision, assist in planning and designing manufacturing processes in an industrial plant.
- Troubleshoot wide spectrum of issues surrounding rotating equipment, and wire/cable manufacturing.
- Under minimal supervision, work closely with design engineering team to ensure extruded umbilicals and components' proposed designs are within manufacturing capabilities.
- Effectively manage contractors with minimal to no supervision.
- Work with suppliers and internal/external customers and participate in cross-functional teams to resolve technical/quality issues.
- Limited travel may be required for vendor visits, trade shows, off-site training, and sister site support.
- Analytical thinking, interpersonal skills, and teamwork are essential competencies to perform this job.
- Some simple design work may be required (jigs, tooling, 5S).
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (STEM Degree may be considered).
- Average CAD skills.
- Well versed in MS Office software.
- Must be able to obtain a TWIC badge (see https://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic for requirements).
- 4+ years of experience in the wire and cable industry.
- CAD skills should be in Solid-works or Auto-cad.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.