Company: Baker Hughes
Skills: IT - Software Development
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: NAILSEA, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Part time/ Full time/ Flexible Working
Are you a Software Engineer looking for an innovative change?
Are you interested in seeing real products and systems come to life with your software?
Join our cutting-edge Software Development team
Bringing the most cutting-edge physical and digital technologies together to create oilfield equipment is the beating heart of our work. Devising smarter systems that control and monitor oil and gas extraction, our subsea and surface-pressure capabilities are industry-leading and commercially innovative.
Create software that controls the inner-workings of our energy systems
The software you create will drive the functionality and controls of our energy systems. From first concept designs to final build and maintenance, you will be responsible for the end-to-end software solutions that drive the mechanical and electrical functioning of our oilfield products and systems.
As a Software Engineer you will be responsible for:
• Working with internal and external stakeholders to translate requirements into project or product design documentation
• Take technical lead on the design and development of the software implementation to the required customer specification
• Collaborate with the wider team and business functions to test the product to ensure customer requirements are met
• Providing technical guidance and mentoring to other team members to deliver projects within the required timeframe, scope and budget
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
• Have a good understanding of one or more leading software programming language
• Have a keen interest in bringing your software development experience into the world of developing products and systems in the energy space
• Demonstrate a willingness and enthusiasm to learn new software, a new industry and new ways of working
• Be self-motivated to deliver to deadlines, with a flexible approach to problem solving without compromising detail or quality
• Be comfortable working in an environment where customer expectations on quality are high and where delivery schedules and deadlines matter
• Thrive on working collaboratively and enjoy supporting, mentoring and motivating your team members
Work in a way that works for you:
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone. In the Software Engineer role, we can confidently offer the following flexible working patterns:
• Working remotely from home or any other work location
• Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit in everything in and work when you are the most productive
• Working 3 days a week - you can do this by working in a job share arrangement with a job share partner so the whole week is covered. When you apply for the role, we will do our best to find you a suitable partner if your application is successful
Working with us
You will excel in our collaborative, inclusive, revolutionary, forward-thinking and people-centric team if you share our commitment to always doing the right thing. Regardless of your background or your ambitions, we will support you every step of the way as we bring sustainable and affordable energy to the world.
The Good Stuff
We believe in rewarding our people with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
• Generous annual leave and money to spend on wellbeing activities
• Life assurance and income protection
• Private medical cover
• A defined contributory savings plan
• Additional elected benefits.
As the world's leading full-stream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions, we are passionate about helping our customers get the best out of their hydrocarbons. Working innovatively to enhance productivity and reduce costs, waste and risk, we are defining the future of the oil and gas industries.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values ideas and new ways of thinking? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will challenge and inspire you!