Our client is looking for an Experienced Electronic Engineer for a permanent position, located in Dyce.
- An enthusiastic and experienced engineer is required for this opportunity to work as part of a dynamic company operating at the cutting edge of downhole tool technology in order to develop the next generation of tools for use in the Oil & Gas Industry.
- The role would suit an experienced electronic engineer and will involve the development and testing of new and existing surface and downhole tools. The successful applicant will work primarily within the Electronics R&D group to expand and enhance the range of services that the company provides.
The Experienced Electronics Engineer will be required to:
- Design of electronics for surface and downhole tools
- Circuit analysis, simulation and schematic capture for component level PCB design
- Development of hardware and software for testing production
- Plan, prepare and conduct the qualifications of new designs and technology
- Generate engineering reports and work instructions
- Maintain clear documentation on design & test development
- Degree qualification in Electronics Engineering
- Substantial experience in electronic design
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with standard computer applications
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with downhole tools in the oil and gas sector
- Experience of wireline tools design
- Experience with high temperature electronics
- Analogue and low power electronics design experience
- Wireless and acoustic communications design experience
- Software/microprocessor skills
- Proficiency with electronic design & analysis software
- The ability to travel possibly offshore on an occasional basis