Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Lake Zurich, Illinois, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
Your career is about more than building a résumé — it's a chance to leave your mark.
Make an impact doing work you can be proud of at Bureau Veritas. Contribute to a global mission to enhance standards with integrity, and help us create a brighter future for our next generations, and a safer society for us all.
Role Purpose Statement: The incumbent will work independently and/or as part of a team to provide financial support to the laboratories and the financial operating group.
Job requirements may include, but are not limited to:
- Managing the day-to-day operation of the accounting department
- Responsible for the P&L of the business operations, ensuring all necessary entries are booked and discrepancies are explained.
- Perform ad-hoc P&L variance analysis, as required, identifying areas of opportunity and cost savings
- Recommend to management team ways to reduce/manage expenses
- Build financial models for the business operations, as required
- Coordinate the fixed asset inventory count each year
- Monitor and approve capital spending in the division
- Prepare Capital Justifications to support purchases and audit ROI on major investments.
- Completion of revenue landings at month-end. Completion of quarterly forecast, including any analysis required to finalize revenue/expenses/OP forecasts.
- Completion of budget schedules. This involves active participation in the LOB's budget process including exploring and analyzing proposed strategies and initiatives with the LOB's management team
- Work with sales managers in setting sales quotas for the coming year, ensuring they support the budget number
- Internal systems/processes
- Training new employees
- Process improvement
- Consulting in upper-level decisions within the department
- Working independently and problem solving any issues that may come up in the department
- Answering the majority of questions that may arise from the operating group
- Thorough understanding of accounting procedures
- College degree in accounting/business administration
- 5 years of experience of managing accounting department in multiple locations
- Ability to interact with clients and all levels of staff
- Leadership experience desired
- Detail oriented, self-starter, strong written and verbal skills
- Capable of making sound decisions quickly and effectively
- Ability to handle multiple projects and work in a fast-paced; high volume environment
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to USinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.