Skills: HR - Recruitment
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
A WORLD LEADER IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION SERVICES
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
The Corporate Recruiter role is a professional talent acquisition position within the Human Resources department. Incumbents in this role perform and manage full lifecycle recruitment and talent acquisition in one or more functional areas from entry level through senior management positions. Incumbents provide a high level of proactive and consultative services to the hiring managers including perspective on the availabilities of desired talent and qualifications in the market, competitiveness, creative sourcing strategies, HR and recruitment policies and procedures, etc. This role develops effective and efficient recruitment and sourcing strategies designed to yield a qualified and diverse candidate pool.
The Corporate Recruiter utilizes creative and professional recruiting methods to identify and recruit top performing candidates for open positions, engaging in tactical and strategic sourcing methods. The recruiter role manages the candidate experience for both external applicants and employees competitively posting for new internal jobs. This is accomplished by gaining an understanding of the business strategic direction, hiring area work environment, current and projected hiring needs, and position specifications to devise the most appropriate and effective short and long term sourcing strategies.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Consults and advises hiring managers on the overall hiring process, collaborates on job requisitions details and creation, and advises on effective candidate assessment/interview techniques. Reviews job descriptions to ensure proper advertisement format for internet job postings and target niche web sites.
• Develops sourcing strategies for talented and diverse candidates through creative methods such as job posting, data mining of the internet, on-line databases, social media, internal databases, employee referrals, networking, cold calling, competitor research, career fairs, etc. Maintains a network of contacts to identify and source qualified candidates.
• Researches, identifies, evaluates, and implements the use of effective diversity recruiting resources and tools. Maintains a strong pipeline of candidates to effectively meet hiring needs and business initiatives.
• Maintains knowledge of the assigned business unit. Builds strong relationships with hiring managers to ensure hiring requirements are understood, can be anticipated and realistically managed.
• Conducts initial intake and recruitment strategy meetings with hiring managers, with regular follow-up and progress updates. Partners with hiring managers to generate ideas, leverage resources, and share information that facilitates effective searches.
• Proactively monitors and evaluates applicant pool and recalibrates sourcing strategy as needed.
Screens candidates for full understanding of availability, interest levels, visa status, salary range, relocation needs, and basic qualifications. Evaluates employment factors such as job experience, education, skills, training, fit with organization, and future potential.
• Enables positive applicant experience through the interview and hiring process. Maintains efficient and effective communications that support the recruiting activity.
• Engages with candidates as a single point of contact.
• Facilitates and oversees the interview process. Administers applicant assessments as applicable as part of the screening process. Negotiates salary offers. Performs reference and background checks on candidates.
• Consistently updates applicant tracking system in a timely manner. Ensures compliance with established procedures, labor agreements, and applicable laws.
• Generates hiring activity reports as required.
Full—Life Cycle recruitment. Generate a high volume and high quality pipeline of candidates under tight timelines. Strong candidate screening and interviewing skills.
• Skilled in behavioral based interviewing techniques. Manage and coordinate multiple recruitment activities simultaneously. Adapt to changing business priorities and environment. Flexibility and willingness to support multiple functional areas. Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
• State/federal labor laws and EEO/ADA guidelines.
• Rapidly gain knowledge of HR policies and procedures, operations, compensation, benefits, training and development and collective bargaining agreements.
• Knowledge of the H1 B Visa Program and relevant immigration laws.
• Strong communication and influencing skills. Strong problem-solving and analytical skills. Work independently and to collaborate in a team environment.
• Ability to maintain professional composure in all situations.
• Ability to quickly establish professional and technical credibility and build positive working relationships and partnerships even when faced with resistance.
• Ability to ascertain and communicate the employment value proposition and total reward package in a way that is most meaningful to the respective candidate.
• Ability to strategically warm source and cultivate candidate relationships.
Bachelor's degree in business, human resources, marketing, communications, or a related field.
Minimum of three (3) years of corporate recruiting experience with a large organization is required, additional recruiting experience such as that with an outside search firm, or independent agency will be considered a plus.
At least 3-4 years of experience recruiting for related industries such as power and utilities, oil and gas, technical services, engineering services is required.
Experience recruiting for degreed and/or technically certified field staff is highly desired.
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to USinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.