Skills: IT - Programming & Database
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Sugar Land, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Spot Welding of wires and electrical components
- Assembly of electrical components to specification
- Check products electrically using standard measuring tools
- Spool and handle cable products correctly
- Laying harness in chassis
- Electro-mechanical assembly of chassis and boards
- Terminate and test connections
- Evaluate products for repair and reconditioning
- Reading the Manufacturing Bill of Materials (BOM)
- Build sub-assemblies supporting product applications
- Reporting non-conformances in a timely manner to the Manufacturing Team Leader or Manufacturing Engineer
- Fill out requisitions when directed by the Manufacturing Team Leader
- Completing product routings and travel tags
- Performs visual inspections to aid product repair validation
- Ability to assist in writing clear instructions and notes concerning wiring of product line items
- Ability and willingness to learn and train other technicians skills involved in Assemblies
- Demonstrates strong attributes of a team player
- Good oral communication and thinking skills
- Exercise independent initiatives pertaining to process improvement
- Handling of chemicals and understanding of MSDS
- Input of information into database systems
Qualifications and Experience:
- Electrical or Electronic Diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to obtain clearance to work with controlled technologies and dual-use goods
- Must be certified to IPC J-STD-001C and IPC-A-610 standards
- Must be familiar and skilled in soldering techniques
- Must be able to distinguish and identify colors for wiring and assembly of products
- 7+ years of hands-on experience with electronics assembly is preferred.
Schlumberger is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law. Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor-priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.